The Calm Before The Storm

The sounds of the Temptations filled Michael's home as he fixed up his room. It was now Sunday afternoon and no one was home but him. Michael had woke up with a new attitude ready to use the day to get ready for tomorrow, the day he would walk up to Tia and say.

" Will you, ya know go out with me." Michael smiled in the bathroom mirror before scolding himself.

" Hey Tia, I been doing a lot of thinking, and will you go out with me?" he sighed before thinking again. " Tia you know I been diggin' on you for a while now and wanted to take you out sometime maybe Friday night?" he smiled to himself in satisfaction until he thought about it too much causing him to groan as he began to brush his teeth.

He asked plenty of girls out before Tia but they never meant anything, especially the kinds of girls he used to go after - just to fit in with William and his flock. He then realized how stupid that was and that he didn't want to be like them and then that's when he saw Tia for the first time.

He thought he was going insane at first, a girl he simply looked at every day had him so hooked. The entire time Michael got ready for the day he thought about everything that led up to this moment and it only furthered this decision to make his move.

The problem was that every time they came face to face he found it hard to talk about his feelings toward her, he choked.

He went into the kitchen to attempt to make breakfast yet all he really knew how to cook was eggs and some toast.

Grabbing an apple, he sat at the table eating his food and soon pretending that she was sitting across from him. " You like the eggs? Yeah me too. How about we get some more this weekend?"

" Eggs?"

Michael nearly choked on his food at the sound of Markus's voice. " What the hell – what you doing here?"

" Umm, you forgot I was staying here?"  Markus gestured to his things by the couch causing Michael to roll his eyes in response.

" Do I gotta ask why you talking to a empty chair about some dry ass eggs?"  Markus grinned and uncontrollably Michael did too before they laughed.

" I was just fooling around."

" Aw yeah, so this don't got nun to do with that gal? What's her name again Tia?" Markus quizzed while searching through the fridge. " If you wanted some advice all you had to do was ask your big cous." he began to drink the orange juice from the carton causing Michael to get up and snatch it out of his hand.

" First off I'm the only nigga that drink out of the carton in this house and second why would I ask you for advice when you in the got kicked out by your girlfriend – or whatever she is to you."

Letting out a burp Markus chuckled at the frown Michael threw at him as he sat back down.  Markus grabbed one of the kitchen chairs and turned it around to sit on it backward. " Seem like my advice last night got yo ass started, practicing with the air and shit."

" Whatever."

Markus shook his head. " How about the reason I got kicked out was because I was sticking up for your dumb ass because you sent her sister rushing home with tears in her eyes."

" Like I said I didn't mean to. It was a dare and I assumed we was going as friends anyway."

" Yeah... right. But you know what, regardless of what you thought it's all good cause you fixing it today."