Chapter 1

A shrill pass through me and I shivered,

Was it cold winter or my own doubts that was troubling my mind. I have yet to find out.

The lake was calmer than usual as if it is angry with me .

I couldn't connect around me. To my new pack, to its members, as if it does not belong to me. They obey me as their alpha just because I am a Worthington. Not as true alpha. Which disturbs me.

This is bad . Very bad.

But this was also my father's last wish before disappearing. And he was always right till date.

To become an alpha.

And he perfectly planned everything for me. He himself choose pack members for me.

But for some reason I was lost. Not feeling energy.

I know why I am disturbed. I am still in refusal mode.

My destiny...

I rejected it. I rejected my true bond. I am selfish. But his pained face still haunts me.

According to elders I was supposed to be great. But I don't feel like one.

"Aura..." Someone slowly touched my shoulders. I knew it was him.

Toby. My ex lover.

I stood there unmoved. Once I carved for his touches and kisses.

Now...

I am disconnected with him ever since he found her. His true mate who is happened to be my beta.

And me, mine even though I rejected him.

"Why are you here Toby?" I asked disinterested. And he sensed it.

My disinterested tone made him angry yet he kept a calm face.

" I know you still love me" he said with a smirk.

"Not anymore" I said strongly pushing him away from me. I know Toby was desperate to become my mate. But when he found his mate he started cheating on me.

"I will prove you wrong." He hissed.
Then he kissed me. And I felt nothing.

Same moment my mother and Uncle Richard and Olivia popped out from nowhere.

"I told you She is trying to steal my mate." Olivia yelled.

"I didn't expect from this you Aurelia" My mother accused me sharply.

"She didn't kiss him. It was him."Uncle Richard defined me.

"But Richard, she is kissing him. We all saw that and they have a past." My mother said angrily.

"I trust her, Tiara. We raised her better than that. She is not a mate stealer. She is a Worthington" Uncle Richard said proudly holding me.

"Control your mate Olivia" He warned angrily at Olivia but his eyes were focused on Toby
........................................................................................................................

Watching young ones to train is a treat. My office at top floor. Rather it my father's office.

My father was a rich man. He kept things in order. His achievements, souvenirs and ancient artifacts all shouted his glory.

My mind was a mess. Which is a bad for an alpha. And last night incident affected me little.

Olivia's distrust and disobedience increased further by now.

I wish my father was here.
I miss him. He was disappeared a three months ago. My mother says he is alive. She can feel him through bond. My mother is a mess. After my dad's disappearance she was not same old Luna. My father's beta trained me to take charge of pack. And tomorrow I becoming alpha.

" Aura"
I turned back. Uncle Richard roof there. He looks old tired still he managed the pack in my father's absence. He missed him too. They were like blood brother rather than alpha beta. They shared a connection. My father never has to order. Because uncle Richard knows his mind before that. He too one of the persons who believe my dad is still alive like mom.

I wish I had a beta like that. One who is like blood brother or sister.

My current beta is good. But she and I lacked connection. Moreover she is my ex lovers mate.

Olivia still believe Toby loves me not her. She hates me.

We were never friends but not like dad and uncle Richard.
I sighed . " Yes uncle Richard"

"Doesn't mess up too much Olivia will come around? She is one the best fighter in pack.
You can't loss courage child. Your father want you to be great alpha." He said assured her.

"Something is not right, Uncle Richard. I feel not so good. I don't feel any connection with my new beta. And she disobey me every moment. She is not the one for me. I feel disconnected with whole pack. I need a beta like you uncle. Someone who understands my expressions and act on behalf of me. Like my shadow." I said sadly.

"True betas are rare Aura. But since you are lucky you will find your beta just like your dad. Do you know your dad was my biggest bully in college?" Uncle Richard said with a laugh.

"Orman hated weak wolves. So I was one of them. But when he was in need of help only this week wolf saved his life. Then we never separated till now." He sighed.

Then suddenly a guard came running and his face was pale with fear.

"What happened Drew, why are you shaking" Richard asked him,

"Beta, Red rogues are attacking" .........................