Chapter 2_Exile

'Red Rogues, How come they inside" Richard said yelled angrily.

"We have been betrayed Beta by an insider" The man said lowly.
"Who are they uncle Rich, why are so afraid of them. We are most strongest pack ?" I asked in confusion.
"Aura, your father had given you training for leading a pack. But he had kept you dark in many things. Like enemies. Red rogues such creatures. They are part wolf part demons. They are red in colour and posses more strength than a normal wolf. They attack in most unexpected time. And slaughter every pack they come across. They enjoy death like a festival."
Uncle Richard's description had left me horrific.

Richard looked outside pack gate had been broken. Someone from inside has betrayed them.

"We will fight, till last breath. Get the pack warriors ready. I will be there soon. I don't know how long we are going to stand against them." I felt his voice lacked hope.
"Aura, get ready, you need to escape" Richard said urgently as the guard left.

"I am not leaving my pack and my people" I said firmly.

"Don't be fool Aura.This is still your father's pack. And in your father's absence I am in command. Not you. It is my order you will leave this pack" Richard ordered.

"But Uncle Richard" Before I could finish Richard said

"I knew you love us. But red rogues are coming for you. You are special Aurelia. You need to survive even if that means cost of all our lives. Roman and myself given you best in everything. You need to prove your worth. That our training hasn't gone waste. You will start again every thing"

I felt tears in her eyes. I losing my loved ones. They dying for me. To keep me safe my pack put themselves.
I will survive because I owe them. I will come back.

"Come kiddo, they will soon reach pack house. Before that you need to run. You are our hope. Make me and your father proud." That were his last words. I had a feeling I am not going to see him for a long time.

Richard then opened a hidden door behind my dad's book shelf and dark tunnel came in vision.

"This led to jungle. Go south Aura. Take asylum in Red fire pack. They are our allies. They will take you. Remember Aura, you are Worthington. You will find what you seek. Moon goddess will always be with you. You will become strong and come for us"

He pushed me tunnel with force. And I fell down. It was dark and I just going down and down until I reached somewhere inside the jungle. I saw smoke coming from pack house. Red rogues have burned everything they have come across. They such power hungry and violent rogues they never spare anything. Did they take woman and children as slaves?. I prayed for their safety.

Somebody betrayed us....... That word stuck in mind. Who that could be?. I knew they will be searching for me. I decided to run. Since I haven't shifted yet I began run by foots. I ran as fast as I could.

It was a moonless night still I ran towards a direction which I assumed south. But soon I heard voices behind. Smell of rotten raw eggs began to spread on air.

I knew. Red rogues are near.

How come they know one knew about the secret path apart from my father and Uncle Richard. It had to be an insider.

I can't be caught. If I caught now, I will be disappointment my father and my pack. I ran as fast I could. Forgetting every thought, focusing on my escape.
"Focus Aurilea , Survive..." I chanted like a mantra.

I heard footsteps coming closer. I held my breath. I don't have scent of wolf since I haven't shifted yet. I heard the water was flowing somewhere near me.

I slowly walked backward. Then I felt no ground under me.
It is waterfall.....

I was falling................
Along with water. And I felt weightless like a feather...
Is this the end?... I thought

But then again I felt something strange in me. I can't feel my legs or arms.........
I knew it.It is happening..

I am shifting..............

That too before time ............

And untimely and unlikely....