Only just a Dream?

CATIA POV

***DREAM****

I took a deep breath as I looked out the window. Heavy rain pours into the ground making it muddy. Thunder roared all around us frequently making one of our wounded jumpy.

"Relax mate....We're gonna be alright.... We just have to ride the storm for a little bit longer mate", Ronnie said to Dean as he kept pressure on his leg. The wind keeps pounding against the wooden door.

"ETA to RS is 5 minutes out.... I repeat ETA to RS is 5 minutes out...", My walkie says aloud. I turn around to everyone and whirl my finger for them to start packing. As each minute went by the storm had gotten worse.

"Okay everyone lets go out and set the markers for them to extract us and we'll be home in no time....", Ronnie carries Dean on his shoulders while I take out the markers. As we marched through the mud and rain I threw the markers and it began to flare. X comes out running towards us and nods his head. I told him to set the explosives in the old creeky house so it won't leave any trace of us being there. I hear the helicopter nearby.

"I see the markers! Deploying the ladder...... I repeat deploying the ladder.", The helicopter had lowered the ladder and I signaled Ronnie to go on first with Dean. As they went up I looked back at X who seems to be looking around. I shrugged it off and began climbing until someone pulled me by the leg and I fell face planted into the mud. I got up and wiped my face and flicked the mud off to the side. And to my shock I couldn't believe it.

"X?? Why did you do that?", I say confused. He doesn't look at me as his head is turned the other way. Enemies that I thought we had lost had resemble before us circling all around us. I quickly pulled out my pistol and aimed at one the guys. I swore we lost them back at the lab. They start to close in the circle. And I shot one bullet in the air as a warning but they still kept getting closer.

"I'M WARNING YOU! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!", I said. Why isn't X doing anything? X takes his hand and waves them......They stopped where they were at and just stood there aiming there guns at me.

"X??? Nooooo", I pieced it together. "Yo-you didn't-",he cut me off.

"Yes..... I did....I'm sorry but.....you're gonna have to give me the Disc....I don't like this any more than you but I don't wanna.......hurt you", he looks up at me with pleading eyes. How can he betray us like that? I took out out the disc and looked at it and back at him.

"Just....just take it", I say looking away while holding it for him to take it. As he came a little closer and was about to grab it, I pulled his arm behind his back and held my gun to his head.

"Why!? Why are you doing this?", I say aloud. The men are all coming closer but X stops them with a wave of his hand. The rain is pouring harder now and thunder clashes nearby.

" I'm sorry but you'll understand someday...", he punches me causing me to let go of the hold. I held one hand over my cheek while still pointing the gun at him.

"We need everyone on board..... The weathet is getting crazy... We won't make it through if you don't board this instance....", my walkie say aloud. He shakes his head and I can tell he might do something rash.

"Just me give me the disc and we'll let you all go unharmed..... Please.....", He really does mean it, I can tell but I just can't do it. This disc is highly valuable and in the wrong hands who knows what could happen..... I don't wanna kill him, after all the missions we've been on. I shook my head and he nods his head even with the rain hitting us, I can see a tear down his face. He runs towards me and I COULD'VE shot him point blank but I just couldn't. He kicks the gun out of my hand and we ended up wrestling on the muddy ground. He pins me down and I can see Ronnie preparing the machine gun. All of X's men stood there watching us. He pulls my arm and tries a submission on me. I try to counter it but I can't do the mud.

"GIVE ME THE DISC!! I DON'T WANNA HURT YOU PLEASE!!", he says screaming. I looked at him into his blue eyes and I can tell he's desperate. I wonder what he got himself in.

"No", I say. He then screams into the air and breaks my arm. I screamed in agony and Ronnie looked shock at what happened. I nodded no to Ronnie to not shoot yet. X pulls the disc from my pocket and walks away, he then stopped and had his back turned to me.

"I'm sorry but you'll understand one day..... You can go.... They won't hurt you...", He runs his hand through his blonde hair and begins walking again until I signaled Ronnie to shoot. Ronnie started the machine gun and shot all of his men down before they can return fire. Luckily, for me, the gun he kicked was no more than a feet away. I dragged myself through the mud and grabbed the gun. As X was looking at Ronnie, I aimed at his head but I didn't have the guts to kill my close friends..... I lowered it to leg and shot him making him fall. I pulled myself to stand and as X tried to get up I shot his shoulder and he screamed in agony. I felt like I was shooting myself hearing him scream in pain. Lightning hit the ground almost near us.

"Its now or never! I repeat now or never!!", my walkie says aloud. I look down at him as he's still trying to move.

"Stop! Stop it now! I get it you won't tell me but one day right? Well....well how about this.....", I grabbed the disc from his hand and held it up. "That one day is the day you try and steal this from me okay!!", I'm not gonna leave him to die but he restrains me from dragging him towards the helicopter.

"Leave me now!! Theres more coming!! Go now hurry!! Please or you and everyone is going to die..... We'll meet again!!", he says loudly. I hear humvee trucks nearby. " GO NOW!!! GO go go go", he pushes me to go and I held onto the ladder and waved Ronnie to tell the pilot to go. The helicopter begins to ascend and I grab hold onto the ladder. I look back at Ronnie and he holds up what looks like the remote to the explosives. He smiles and waves at us and as the humvees were near the house he detonates it blowing up half the humvees that were coming. And out of nowhere music begins playing.

What the hell? And I can smell eggs and sausages? I immediatley opened my eyes and realized I was dreaming.

"Hey sleepyhead!," Nick says entering my room. He comes and plops a plate of breakfast in front of me and opens up my curtains and the sun burning my eyes. I squint my eyes trying to adjust to the lighting.

"You didn't come in yesterday and you didn't beep outside this morning so I caught Uber here and well I sorta kinda did pick you're lock to get in to see if you were alive or not hehehe You okay?.", he chuckles grabbing a piece of sausage off my plate.

"Thanks.... Yeah I am, I tried getting information from Susanna but she gave me the cold shoulder.....", I say while drinking my orange juice.

"Awww well great news came in yesterday! Soooo eat and get ready so we can go. I'll let you know in the car!", Nick says and leaves out my room. As sat there eating my food, I couldn't help but wonder why my dream was actually a flashback. My time in the Prometheus Ops (a highly classified group who does missions the government don't post on the record), those times when I was young and innocent....until they made me fierce and ruthless. I hear beeping and looked out my window to see Nick. I snap out my thoughts and begin to get ready to start the day.......

****AUTHORS NOTE****

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I ALMOST FORGOT TO UPLOAD BUT ALSO SAY HI TO FELLOW AND NEW READERS👋

ALSO SHOUTOUT TO Remathekiller A REAL MVP✊ READER AND WHO LEAVES COMMENTS ALMOST EVERY CHAPTER👏💁🙋 PEOPLE PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN HAVE FEEDBACK ON HOW THE STORY IS GOING SO FAR!!😌

THANKS AND STAY TUNE UNTIL THE WEEKEND👅😎 FOR A NEW CHAPTER✌✌✌