Chapter Twenty-Two

Joe Jr gave me a cold stare as he walked into the house without saying a word, he didn't even ask to come in.

Chris placed his arm out in front of me, in a protective way. I looked over his shoulder to see Joe take a seat on the couch, disrespectful prick, thinking that he could take the seat of authority without permission.

Are you freakin' kidding me.

"Audrey," Chris whispered, "go to your room."

I refused.

"Its not an option," Chris hissed under his breath, "I would rather you be more alive then dead."

"I feel the same thing for you," I told him, thinking out loud.

Chris didn't say anything else after that.

Just then, we heard someone running down the stairs and Apple ran into the living room, "daddy," she wrapped her little arms around Chris' waist.

I took my eyes off of them to look at Joe, he had his back turned but I could still feel those beautiful eyes staring at me from the back of his head.

"Come over to me Audrey," my heart sunk when I heard the sound of his demonic voice.

I felt like he was putting me in some kind of trance, because I did what he told me to do, I sat down next to him on the couch, he slid closer to me and planted a kiss on my cheek as he whispered the word, "mine."

I clenched my teeth as I felt his hot breath on my neck. To tell you the truth, I'm screwed.

"Yours," I muttered.

I looked into Joes' glowing eyes as he pulled away from me.

"Audrey what are you doing?" Chris cried out when he saw me.

I didn't bother to look at him, my eyes were too focused on Joes', whats happening to me.

"Audrey," Chris shouted, "oh no."

Suddenly, mother ran down the stairs, "whats going on?"

Joe Jr stood up from the couch, then, he stretched out his hand, I took it and got to my feet.

"She's mine now," Joe glanced over at Chris and mother, "all mine."

He then leads me out the door and into his car, I climbed inside.

Chris ran out after me, "Audrey!" He grabbed my arm and yanks me out, I face-planted into the concrete ground.

Joe saw what happened and tries to claw at him, Chris jumped back as Joe roared in irritation, "she's not yours!" He yelled angrily, "stay away from her."

"No!" He barked as he tackles Chris to the ground, he pins his arms as he struggled to get free.

"Daddy!" I could hear Apples voice from the blackness, "Audrey get up."

I couldn't, my eyes felt like they were glued shut, I can't save him.

All of a sudden, Chris kicked Joe in the stomach, he yelped in pain as he rolled out of his grip and shot up to his feet, he kicks him again, this time in his side, were he fell holding his stomach.

"Defeated," he said to him while filling his lungs with air, "don't you ever come back here again."

***

I woke up a few days later with a splitting headache, I sat up in my bed as I groaned, holding my head in pain.

"Good morning sweetie," Chris walked into the bedroom, I looked over at him to see that both of his wrists were bruised.

"What happened?" I croaked.

"Oh, its nothing," Chris said as he walked over and sat down at the end of my bed, "do you remember what happened between you and Joe a few days ago?"

"What, I've been out for three days?" My jaw dropped to the floor, three days? I've been out of three days.

Chris nodded his head.

I just shrugged, "I'm sorry, I don't remember anything."

"But, you must remember something."

"I'm sorry," I repeated.

Chris lowered his head, he was worried I can tell, "I thought he brainwashed you," he looked up at me, "if he did then we will never see you again, you will become his slave."

My eyes grew wide from the shock, "slave?"

"What did he do to you?"

"I-I don't know," I stammered, "all I did was look into his eyes."

"His eyes?" Chris' mouth dropped, "you should've looked away, why didn't you?"

I sighed, "he putted me in a trance Chris, I couldn't control my feelings for him, I love him."

"Do you really love him Audrey?"

I lowered my head and nodded in response.

Chris shot up from the bed, "no, you can't be with him, he's already changing you, he's using you Audrey and thats why I want you to stay away from him."

"And how do you know all this?" I asked suspiciously.

"I just know," Chris turned his back to me and started for the door, he walked out a few seconds later without saying another word.

You know, maybe he is right, but then again I love Joe and I want to be with him for the rest of my life.