Chapter Ten

John's PoV

     We managed to not drink till we dropped again and finally got to school. We had agreed to keep Slate as long as Ash took care of him, I wasn't going to get stuck taking care of a dog that she had found... actually now that I think of it she probably stole him out of someone's back yard or something. Speaking of Ash, she was walking along behind me. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts, probably thinking about what I said earlier. 

Flash back

      "Ash I don't think I'm ready to take back the crown..." I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck. She looked up at me with a confused expression.

      "What why?" She asked. Her brow furrowed and she frowned a bit. "Do... do you not want to become King again? If you don't that's fine but just-" I cut her off.

       "No no it's not that. Believe me I want to see Arlo squirm and suffer. It's just... Well, I want to explain to Sera what happened." I said and Ash quirked an eyebrow.

      "But... Can't you just explain after?" She got up from he seat at the couch and walked over to me. "I mean... she isn't coming back for another three weeks..." She said and I sighed. 

      "I just don't want her to come back and see me as the bad guy who lied to her. If we can get her on our side she could be our new Ace! Then we would have a King, Queen, Jack, and Ace all working together! Plus I really don't want to lose her... She's a really good friend." I said and Ash smiled.

      "We would completely rule the school!" She said happily and I nodded.

      "Exactly!"

Flashback ends

      Having Seraphina on our side when we take over would be amazing. If she doesn't side with us then... well then she doesn't side with us. Simple as that. If she fights against us then she becomes a target and Ash will take care of her. I'm not worried. Ok I'm a little worried, but not about taking over or about Sera, I'm sure she'll understand. No... I'm worried about seeing Arlo again after what happened. Ash was wrong, and she's never wrong. Arlo must be hard to figure out. He probably is, or was, interested in me. Just not in the way Ash was thinking. We enter the school and everyone moves out of our way. That's kinda weird people usually just- oh... Ash must have beat the ever loving shit out of Arlo for what he did. Knowing her there was probably blood and some 'lovely' wings involved, and by lovely I mean absolutely terrifying. People continue to clear a path for us and we eventually find Brian. He falls into position next to Ash behind me. Usually our Ace would be there however our Ace, Carl was... Not available... Carl had been King before I got my ability and was happy to take the position as Ace. I would have been a good Ace seeing as my ability shocks most people and it's extremely powerful but... I don't know. I guess I wanted to be King so Ash and I could work together more. Besides, Carl was also really strong and was great in turf wars. I was lost in my thoughts until I see him, Arlo. He just leaning against a wall scrolling on his phone. He glances up and freezes seeing me. Ash grabs my arm and quickly mutters,

      "Act like you don't see him." I nod, and made a point of interlacing my fingers with Ash's. She smiles and gently squeezes my hand. I hear him growl softly as we walk away, probably glaring at me. We get to the roof and Ash laughs, falling onto the ground.

     "Nice touch! He's so fucking pissed now! OK! So I think that you acting like he isn't important to you anymore is exactly what we need to do to make him see you aren't useless. At Least until Sera gets back and we can take over." She said and I nod, this makes some sense to me. The bell rings and they look at me, I roll my eyes.

      "Alright, alright, c'mon we gotta go to class. We aren't royals yet so we will still get in trouble and I'm still a 'cripple'." I say making air quote when I say cripple. They both nod and follow me to my first class. Ash breaks off and heads to her class. I sigh and sit next to Brian. After a long and boring class we meet up with Ash at my locker. I see Arlo watching us out of the corner of my eye, ignoring what Ash had said earlier I glanced over at him. Surprise flooded his eyes and he looked away cheeks lightly flushed. Ash walks over and I look away, it was to late, she had already seen me and with a smirk she whispers.

      "My idea worked!~" She said in a sing song voice. I chuckle lightly but I can feel Arlo watching us and hear a faint growl. I smirk as his eyes light up, activating his ability. Everyone around him gets seems nervous and move out of his way. He starts walking towards us. Ash senses the threat and activates her ability, a knife forming in her hand. She taps it on the side of her chin and glares at Arlo. He pauses mid step before changing his mind and walking past us, deactivating his ability in the process. Ash grins and the knife vanishes. She grabbed my hand and starts dragging me through the halls.

      "C'mon we're gonna be late!" She said, dragging me to our next class. Art, her favorite. After another long, but slightly less boring class, we make our way to the lunch room. "CAKE!!!!!!!!" Ash practically screams and runs to get some for us. I roll my eyes and sit at an empty table to wait for her and Brian. She comes over a few moments latter with three pieces of cake and a shit ton of other food floating around her. We eat, and Ash starts making a noise that kinda sounds like purring... That's weird. I look over and see Arlo sitting at a nearby table.

Arlo's PoV

      I can feel someone staring at me. At first I just try and ignore it, but soon I feel my face heat up and I look to see who it is. It was John but he had a weird, hungry, look in his eyes. He must have realized I had seen he was. I bite my lower lip and look back down at my food. I continue eating thinking about that look he had giving me.

      'FUUUUUUUCK! That was so weird! I've never seen that look on his face! It was kinda hot.... Fuck it, it was really hot! .....and I'm hard....fuck'

      I sigh and get up intending to go up the roof. John and his 'gang' had left a few minutes ago. As I walk up the stairs I head laughing, I look through the window of the door to see John, Ash, and Brian. I growl and open the door, Ash stops laughing and glares at me, so does Brian. John just looks at me, a weird look on his face, like he didn't quite know what to do. Brian activates his ability and a red orb floats around his head.

       "What do you want Asslo?" Ash said her voice cold. I feel my eyes light up,

      "Mmm ya know only Royals are supposed to be on the roof right?" I say with a sly smirk. John gives me a cold look, very different to the one he gave me earlier. He hadn't gelled his hair so that look just made him even hotter.

      "What are you gonna do? Kick us off? Ash can just beat the shit out of you again. Plus there are no witnesses or cameras up here, she could easily kill you. Brian can vaporize your body" John says. Its like he can smell how uneasy I am and takes a step forwards, "still wanna kick us off?" I scoff, I didn't wanna kick him off! Just the other two so I could have him to myself. I turn and walk back down the stairs rather disturbed by John's behavior. He wasn't like this all the time. He used to be cute and nerdy now he's...well I'm not quite sure but it's fucking hot as hell. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and see Blyke, might as well warn him.

       "Hey, John Ash and Brian are up there. Ash is feeling particularly murderous so..." He seems to get the message and turned around heading straight back down the stairs. I needed to get him alone!

~~~~~~

1128 Words