69 | Elizabeth

Warning: smut (not really that smutty tho)
------------------------------------------------------------

Calum's house was still the huge villa hidden in Hollywood Hills I remembered.

He opened the door for me and dragged my suitcases in, and I got greeted by a very happy Duke. I crouched down and let the small dog jump in my arms and I was leaving kisses in his fur while he was basically licking my face.

"Why do I feel like you're happier to see my dog than me?" Calum asked as he pulled the second suitcase in. "Because I am," I said, smirking at Calum before I put Duke down on the ground

Calum kicked his shoes off and I followed his lead. "So, movie night?" he asked me, opening up a box and grabbing a few heavy blankets and walking over to the couch in his huge ass living room. "Yes, but there's a big chance I'll fall asleep within the first ten minutes," I told him and he laughed. My flight arrived at 6 PM, and it was now a good 8 PM. "That's fine. Want snacks?" he asked and I nodded.

He grabbed my hand as he led me to the kitchen.

Being in his kitchen made me feel weird. He had money. I didn't. He could afford marble countertops and top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances. I couldn't even afford faux marble and bottom-tier appliances. He and I are basically the Lady and the Tramp. The more I look around his house, the more aware I become of our financial gap. I didn't even have a house at this point, I was homeless.

"I have pita chips. And nothing to dip them in because I suck. Um, what else do I have? Cheez-its. You can have dairy, right? Peanut butter. Protein bars. Grapes. You can have whatever sounds good," Calum said, counting things off on his fingers. "Sorry, I didn't do any grocery shopping. I'm just stupid. I'm just gonna shut up and make us some popcorn." He said before grabbing a bowl.

"You're adorable. Can I eat some of your Cheez-its?"

"Shut up. Have at 'em. They're in the pantry." He puts two bags of popcorn into the microwave and turns it on.

"The pantry is where?"

It wasn't my first time in his house, but the last time I was here I didn't do that much exploring either, because Amy was here as well and I didn't want to go snooping around my boyfriend's house. It was weird.

"Through here." He opens a door by the fridge.

The pantry is massive, like everything else. It's the size of my bathroom in my old dorm. The shelves and racks aren't overflowing, but they're not empty either. It takes me several moments to find the Cheez-its. I take a box of plain ones with me to the kitchen. The sound of popcorn popping has stopped, replaced by the smell of it.

"You alright?" he asks, shaking a bag of popcorn, opening it and waited for the hot air to escape before he put it in the big, blue bowl.

"Your pantry is the size of my bedroom. Do you have Narnia hidden in one of your closets or something too? This place is humongous!"

"Fresh out of wintry fantasy lands. Sorry." His playful grin is infectious. He gave me the bowl that was now filled with popcorn. "What kind of drinks?" he asked and I shrugged. "Non-alcoholic, please. Do you have Fanta?" I asked him and he opened up the fridge.

"No, but I have Pepsi. And I know how you prefer Coca-Cola over Pepsi, so we're going to buy that tomorrow." He said before grabbing the bottle and two glasses.

We made our way back to the living room and put the snacks and drinks down on the glass table. He then suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, letting himself sink on the couch as he pulled me with him. We shifted a little, making ourselves comfortable as we were sitting on the couch with our legs stretched. Calum was a little too big for the couch, his feet resting on the armrest.