The Day After

Dear Diary,

Last night was hellish to say the least. I can't believe that Cheryl called Sweet Pea filth TO HIS FACE like how dare she. I honestly hate her so much, but alas what can I do?? Without her I'd be nothing. So here I am in class having to keep my mouth wired shut and just hope that high school ends soon.

-Y/N

As the teacher walked into first period I put my journal up in my bag, "Hello class today I will be partnering you up for a project on different biomes, it will be worth more than fifty percent of your grades and there will be no partner switches. Y/N you're with Sweet Pea, Reggie you're with Ethel, Betty you're with Cheryl, Midge you're with Kevin, Veronica you're with moose, Archie you're with Josie, Jughead you're with Toni, and fangs you're with Heather. Now get to your partners and start working!" As I saw Sweet Pea approach me I inwardly sighed. I still felt bad for the way Cheryl treated him last night.

"Hey Y/N." He sat down real close to me as he chewed on the toothpick in his mouth.

"Hey handsome." I tried to be as flirty as possible to give him the vibe that I didn't really think he was filth but instead of getting a smirk I got a glare from him.

"Cut the crap Y/N. I know you and Cheryl think I'm filth." I scooted closer to him and placed my hand on his knee with a smile.

"I'd never think such a handsome guy like you was filth, in all honesty I'd worship the ground you walked on if I could." I noticed the way his ears turned red as I whispered in his ear.

"Y/N you'd better get your damn hand off of me before I take you to the nearest bathroom and let you know who the hell you're messing with." My thighs clenched at his seductive tone and I quickly removed my hand from his knee. "Good girl. So now that you have an excuse how about you come to my trailer tonight and we can have a little study date."

"I'd like that Pea." Honestly my cheeks burned at the ideas of what could happen at his trailer, I really liked Pea and the fact that he was flirting with me again was making my heart swell, I swear if it weren't for Cheryl's dumb rules I would've been all up on him by now. Soon the bell rang and it was time for me and Sweet Pea to part.

"Y/N why were you so friendly to the worm?" I rolled my eyes at her as she walked me to cheer practice.

"Because I um don't want my partner to hate me..." I attempted to sound confident however I failed miserably.

"Oh my god, you have a crush on the worm!" I blushed heavily as she got closer to me.

"What- no! I would ne-never." She simply chuckled at my flushed face.

"It's okay Y/N, I won't tell a soul that you're a serpent lover. Just don't tell anyone that you're planning to screw him." Her voice dropped to a low-threatening tone as she leaned in even closer to me. As we entered the gym I immediately headed to the locker room to change. We got dressed quickly and we were soon back in the main area of the gym and to my excitement I saw Sweet Pea in the bleachers, and when he waved at me and I felt my heart flutter. "Y/N, quit it with the drooling and shape up." I turned to Cheryl and mumbled an apology as she told us to get into formation,  the practice went by fast and it was time for me to head home before I knew it.

"That was some good shaking princess." When I looked up I saw Sweet Pea approach Cheryl and I.

"Thanks- I'm glad you made time to come see us per-"

"Wormy I distinctly remember telling you not to corrupt my bestie. It's bad enough that you're her lab partner, but it's worse that you insist on shoehorning yourself into her life." I winced at Cheryl's tone as she yelled at Pea. I hated the way that Sweet Pea looked down at his feet as he clenched his fists.

"I gotta go Y/N. Bye see you later." I nearly cried as he walked away from me and Cheryl.

"Now now Y/N, no need to be sad, I just saved you from a life time of being with a failure." I clenched my fists as she waltzed away.

"Hey Y/N- whoa what's wrong?" I looked up with teary eyes to see Reggie smiling at me as he placed his arm around my shoulder.

"Nothing. Just take me home."