Chapter 4

"Ally!" I heard my mom call. "Brent!"

Our lips pulled apart and we both sat back, shocked by what had just happened. 

"Woah," I started. "I don't even know you, Brent. What the heck just happened?"

"I've got to go," started Brent. He stood up and walked out of the room, giving me one last glance.

Once he left the room, I lied down on my bed, pulled a blanket over my body, and picked up my cell phone to call Blair, my best friend.

"Hey Al, what's up?" she said into the phone.

"Hey I need to tell you something," I replied nervously.

"Ok, talk away."

"So you know how my mom has those book club meeting things?"

"Yeah..."

"Anyway, you know Ms. Cadwell? She has a son and-"

"Wait, what?"

"His name is Brent, his parents are divorced, bleh bleh bleh. Anyway, my mom said we should hang out during the meeting and we did and-"

"You did it?"

"No! No Blair, no."

"Oh. Then what happened?"

"He kissed me and I don't know what to do now."

"OMG Ally! AH! That's too cool. So do you, you know, like him?"

"I don't know. I think I do but I don't know."

"Is he like, hot?"

"Oh my gosh he's gorgeous."

MMmmmm Mmmickkk

I turned around, mouth wide open and shocked. I quickly put the phone to my ear tell Blair I had to go. 

"Why are you up here?" I ask Brent, embarassed about what he could have heard. 

"I left my jacket up here," he answered, in his deep, gorgeous voice. 

"Wha- there isn't a jacket up here," I say. All he does is point behind me under the window, and sure enough, a gray jacket is on the floor. "Oh."

Brent walks over to pick it up across the room. When he stands up he walks out of the room, not even saying goodbye. 

After about 30 seconds, Brent walks back in. 

"Forget something else?" I ask impatiently.

"Yeah, I did. Do you want to go to the movies tomorrow night?"

I sit there, shocked. Half of me seemed to be saying OMG Ally SAY YES! But the other half of me was like Honey, no. You aint got time for this. You saw what he did, he kissed you then left.

"Ally?" he asked. "You OK?"

"Yes," I replied. 

"Yes you'll go out with me or yes you're OK?"

"Both."