chapter six

October 3rd, 2005: 11:00AM

Every sixteen year old girl wants to believe that they can have a Disney princess ending to their love life, but Molly quickly realized life went on after the happy endings and things change, and her happy ending was long gone.

She was stupid to ever think that things would go back to normal between her and Paul. The only time they were able to see each other now was at night or briefly after school or on the rare occasion like today that they ditched school together.

Apparently Paul had gotten a job and was working an illegal amount of numbers for a minor and he was now never available. It was a plausible excuse for Paul and another inconvenience to Molly, but she could understand that he didn't have to medical professionals as parents to support him like she did. Paul's dad was a single parent and  a teacher at his high school who barely made ends meet.

However little time they had together now, they tried their hardest to make it count. They seemed to have nothing in common anymore, so while they couldn't have the same connection they used to, they had become more physically connected.

Their kisses had become rushed and their touches more intimate, as though they didn't know how much longer they had together.

Paul was anxiously fearing the day that he wouldn't belong to her anymore, or God forbid the day that she would no longer belong to him.

Even though either of those situations were highly unlikely according to Sam, he tried his best to keep her away from the reservation, to possibly avoid any inevitable growth to the small pack.

Molly couldn't help but feel dirty as they made out in the front seat of Pauls truck, that had been parked in the farthest parking spot from the beach for almost an hour, and Paul felt guilty for getting her into a situation that she hadn't been comfortable with just weeks ago.

But they continued to grope each other desperately.

The girl was waiting for a miracle that could hopefully glue the couple back together, but maybe that wasn't what they needed, maybe they needed to go further in order to be back where they were.

"Paul I love you." She pulled away from him. "I love you too Molly."

"I want to have sex with you." Molly bit her lip in slight embarrassment.

"Really Molly, are you sure?" He knew she wasn't.

"Yes, right now. I want to have sex with you right now Paul."

Anyone that knew Molly knew she was impatient, she wanted what she wanted and she wanted it now.

But anyone that knew Molly also knew that she was persuasive. She got what she wanted whenever she wanted it.

And today wasn't an exception.

The windows were fogged up, the inside of the small truck was hot and stuffy compared to the brisk October chill outside.

"Do you want me to come over tonight?" Paul looked at Molly as he stopped in front of her house. She didn't have the courage to look at him. "I don't know. You can do whatever you want Paul."

"I love you, Mo."

"Yeah." She made her way out of the truck as soon as it was stopped, slamming it behind her.

She could feel his stare as she unlocked the door, and tried her best to not see him leave as she closed the door.

Molly didn't eat dinner that night. She hid away in her room after scrubbing herself raw in a hot shower.

It hadn't felt the way it was supposed to. She had alway imagined having sex with Paul, and though she didn't think it would have happened in his truck, she always though it would be magical.

But it wasn't magical. It was awkward and uncomfortable.

She loved Paul, but his secrets had themselves wedged so deeply in-between the two of them that she didn't know how to get them out.

Paul refused to think about Molly that night on patrol, because he was with both Jared and Sam, and he didn't want his thoughts to expose her to both of them. For once, he wanted to keep a secret from them, one that Molly was in on with him.

He thought about the first time he met her on the beach, and wished a million times over that he wouldn't have spoken to her so he wouldn't have to put her through everything he had.

He cursed the spirits for the path they had had him walk down, and wished for an easier one for Molly.