chapter eight

December 9th, 2005 1:00PM

The hallways filled with her chipper classmates, everyone was excited about the next few weeks off of school.

She tried her best to act excited with her friends, who were making snowballs out of the dirty melting snow.

She had been able to spend more time with the friends she had neglected over the past year, and they had welcomed her back with open arms.

Molly felt like they were too good for her, they had supported her relationship while it lasted, even though she had seemingly forgot about them because of it, and comforted her when it all came crashing down.

"You guys should come over to my house for New Years Eve. My parents are going to be out of town, and I could probably get my brother to buy us some alcohol. He just got a fake I.D." Noah Marks said matter-o-factly, as if underage drinking was something that they were all into.

"You know, I think my dad was right about you Noah, you are a bad influence." Molly joked, throwing a slush ball at his head, starting an all out war between them.

Once Molly was significantly drenched and freezing cold, she made her way to her truck, signifying the end of the final day of school, which she had been dreading.

She had busied herself with extra credit work and finals and winter formal committee, but that was all over now, and now she would have too much time on her hands to think about Paul.

She hadn't seen him in almost a month and a half and as much as she hated herself for it, she missed him, so much.

She missed his lanky body and long hair and his kind eyes that hid behind stiff facial expressions and most of all she missed his honesty.

But she didn't miss the stranger she had broken up with.

She had wasted the entire first semester of her Sophomore year on trying to get her Paul back, but he was long gone before she could even realize it.

Although Molly had loved Paul, she was unhealthily obsessed with their relationship and didn't know who she was without it.

She was broken, not because Paul had broken her heart, but because she allowed herself to become half of something.

Paul felt the same way, they had both become half of Paul and Molly, forgetting that they were individuals.

Paul was ripped into reality, by something he had to deal with without her, and Molly by being left alone again.

But it was time, and Molly was ready to move on from the toxicity of her first love.