0.1

blue's pov

  meow, meow.

"Ollie, please," I groaned, shoving the siamese kitten away from my face. Looking to my left, at the dark wooden night table, the alarm clock read, 7:14 a.m. "And I don't have to wake up for sixteen more minutes," I smiled, picking up the kitten, that was now on the floor, trying to catch a loose end off of the white duvet.

"Blue Elizabeth, it's time to get up. School is in thirty minutes." Merdita, my mother, said, popping her head into my, very messy room. "I suggest that before you leave for Elle's house tonight, that you clean your room up a bit," She paused, pushing the door open entirely, and gripping onto my feet before dragging me out of the bed. "It's a disaster, no wonder why no boys come over." She sighed, patting my feet twice before leaving my room.

Our apartment, well penthouse, is located in upper-class Manhattan, where all the drama is, all the glamour, and all good things, are located. I was accepted into Columbia University, and it's my freshman year, as a medical major. "Ollie, why does school start today," I groaned, rubbing the kittens head, as she purred in my lap.

Leaving my room, and into my closet, after mother coming into my room at least, six times, I finally found it in myself to get dressed. Pulling a silk plum colored maxi dress, black strappy sandals, and a black leather book bag from the closet, I closed the doors and entered the bathroom, applying black eye-liner, black mascara, and nude lipstick, I was all set.

And only ten minutes late, and I haven't even left the house yet. "Goodbye, mother, your only child is leaving you for her first day of college," I called, looking around the house for my busy nuerologist of a mother.

"Goodbye, darling, call me when you're done for the day," She kissed both of my cheeks lightly, "I'm having tea with Martin, feel free to stop by."

"No thanks," I called walking out, "I'll let you two have eye sex in private."

-

"Welcome to Columbia, I'm sure you're all very excited to be here," he paused, waiting for the laughter to finish, "I'll be your teacher for this semester in Human Anatomy 101, and you may address me by Mr. Harrison." He smiled, moving out of the way of the screen, "This is your very first note taking experience, so get comfy, this will take a while." We all groaned, taking out our notebooks and pencils; preparing for a long two hour class of note-taking.

"Psst," I spun my head, looking at the girl behind me, not so happily, "hi, I'm Penelope." She smiled, sticking her hand out for me to shake.

"Um, I'm Blue." I smiled, tucking hair behind my ear nervously.

"Isn't your mom Merdita Everheld?" She asked, her face beaming in delight.

"Uh, yeah, that's her," I shifted awkwardly in my seat, still trying to take notes and be polite.

"I'm a huge fan, she inspired me to become a nuerologist, are you studying to be one?"

"No, I'm studying to be a trauma surgeon," I smiled, tucking more hair behind my ear.

"Does your mom approve? I mean you're not following her foot-steps entirely." She chewed on the end of the blue pen.

"I don't really think that's any of your business," I snapped, twirling the ends of my elbow length brown hair. "But she supports me in every decision I make, and I feel blessed that my mother supports me." Lie.

Maybe it wasn't the complete truth, but she supports me in every academic decision I make, becuase her father pressured her into the medical career field.