Chapter 1

Updates are going to be on Tuesday's and Friday's from now on :) -Lyss

"Wade," I sob, tugging at my curls as the tears spill over.

"I'm so sorry." There's no emotion behind his words. Nothing at all.

"Please. Please, you can't let them do this to me. You can't let them take me away," I beg, body trembling.

"There's Nothing I can do, Petey. I'm sorry."

The screaming gets too loud, filling all my senses. I know it's me. I'm the one screaming. But I can't stop. I'm being taken away again. Again and again and again.

"Peter!" A voice exclaims, shaking my shoulder.

I jolt awake, pushing the hand away from me and blindly tumbling to the bathroom. Too tight.
Too warm.
Too much.

I barely make it to the toilet before throwing up, unable to stop my never ending tears of misery.

That's one of the most recurring nightmares I have. I had been in an abusive foster home again, but I didn't mind because I had Wade. Wade found out about what my foster dad had been doing to me and called the police. I was pissed and angry and scared. Because I finally had someone who cared about me and I was being taken away again, even though I knew the next home would be just as bad.

My body wretches again, dry heaving at the emptiness in my stomach. I barely ate last night.

A warm hand touches my back, and I accidentally sob as I push him away again.

"Leave me alone!" I meant for the words to be angry, to be demanding, but they come out weak and pained.

"It's okay, kid. You've gotta calm down. You're okay," Tony murmurs gently, ignoring my words.

I sob pathetically, curling in on myself on the floor. It's always been this bad. This isn't just a bad day, this is actually one of the better days because I'm not being beat to a pulp for waking anyone up.

"Are you feeling better? Enough to go back to bed?" Tony asks, somewhere off to the left of me.

I shake my head, pulling myself farther away from him, wanting to die. I've ruined my chances. This is it for me. Back to the group home. This is it. 

"I'm sorry," I cry involuntarily. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me. Please."

The hand draws back before I feel Tony's presence get closer to me.

"I'm not going to hurt you, kiddo. I swear to god, petey, I'm not going to hurt you."

Petey.

"I love you, Petey. I'm so sorry. It's for the better," Wade says, glassy eyes full of guilt.

"This isn't for the better! I'm just going to be taken somewhere worse! It wasn't that bad because I had you, Wade! Now I have to leave you! I can't do this again! I can't keep moving around! I can't-"

"I'm sorry, Petey. I'm sorry. I just couldn't stand you getting hurt anymore!"

"Peter. Kid, listen to me. You're okay. You've gotta breathe. I'm sorry, kid, I'm sorry for whatever pain you are currently going through, but right now you need to calm down," Tony says. His breathing fills my ears, the only thing I can hear compared to my heaving, hyperventilating struggle.