Chapter 20

Final Chapter

3rd POV

Tony planned out a whole night of fun PG Bachelor Party fun. Since Peter would be tagging along, he didn't want to have the whole strippers, bars, clubbing, etc. bachelor party stereotype. Peter tried to tell him he didn't care. That he was cool with hanging out at home while they went and did that, but Tony admitted he wasn't going to be drinking either.

So instead they've got plans to go to the statue of liberty, the empire state building, central park, etc. throughout the evening, and then they've got restaurant reservations and then Tony just wants to spend the rest of the night in the tower having a movie night.

It's not really the best considering it's meant to be some big bachelor party night, but Tony thinks that after everything everyone had been through, calm and peaceful is the way to go. And if the others want to drink, there's always alcohol at the tower.

Tony just didn't want to drink ever again after what happened with Peter. The kid's too underage to drink. Clint and Scott have kids to get home to afterwards so they're not going to want to drink. Bruce has never been big on drinking. So that only leaves Steve. And he won't drink if he's the only one drinking.

"Peter! Up and at 'em!" Tony calls, knocking on the teenager's bedroom door. It's early. Way too early. Tony would never willingly get up this early, but Peter's got school to go to. The plan is to pick Peter up from school to start the party.

A half-hearted groan comes from the other side of the door followed by a loud thump.

"What are you doing, Peter?" Tony calls, knocking again.

The door finally pops open revealing a very tired looking Peter.

"Fell outta bed," Peter mumbles, rolling his eyes. "Gotta shower. Breakfast?"

"Pepper's making eggs and bacon. You've got to shower fast though because we're already running late."

Another groan comes from Peter and he leans his head against the doorframe. "Do I have to?"

"Yes, you have to. This is school, kiddo. You can't just skip out. Last day of the week. Plus, Bachelor Party tonight and the wedding on Sunday. It's going to be a fun weekend, just get through the day of school," Tony says, laughing as Peter lights up in excitement. "Go shower, kid."

Peter doesn't even need to be told twice, shutting the door and racing off to his joint bathroom.

Tony heads back to the kitchen where Pepper is standing by the stove, spatula in hand, shaking her head with a smile painted across her sharp features.

"What?" Tony says, smiling at his beautiful fiancée.

"Just kind of great. Weirdly great. Never thought I'd get to see you acting so much like a dad," Pepper admits, not looking up as she flips the eggs.

"Me neither," Tony says, sitting up on the counter beside the woman. "It's good though?"

"It's the best look I've seen on you. You're a good dad, Tony. You deserve this. When I told you I wanted you to become more responsible, I never meant to start fostering a kid, but I think it's the best decision you've ever made."

"You think so? Even if he doesn't see me as a dad?"

"You'd be surprised, Tony. The way he looks at you sometimes... I don't think it's possible for him to look at you as anything other than dad."

Peter comes racing out of his bedroom a moment later, almost tripping as his socked feet slide on the hardwood. His hair is damp and curled, bouncing as he skids into the dining room. He's sporting an MIT sweater and a pair of jeans, cute panda socks on his feet. His bag is dropped into one of the spare chairs at the table, grinning when he finally looks up at the pair in the kitchen.