Chapter 12: Beating Vulture and Becoming an Avenger

I didn't hear from Peter for a few hours and I was getting worried. It was starting to get really late, or should I say early. I called him a thousand times and was getting beyond anxious. Finally, when the sun began to rise, I heard the familiar sound of tapping on my window. It was Peter and he looked insanely exhausted. 

"Hey, Zo. Took down the Vulture... Ended up taking down Mr. Stark's plane too..." Peter said.

I didn't say anything. I was so glad he was ok that I simply dropped my phone and rushed to embrace him. I hugged him like my life depended on it and said, "Don't ever do that to me again, Peter Parker. I was so worried." I said into his shoulder, tears threatening to spill.

"I'm sorry I was a little busy hanging off of Mr. Stark's plane." Peter said as if it were no big deal.

"What? You hung from a plane?!?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah... It was pretty awesome, but I am a little sore." He said sitting down on my bed.

"Yeah, I'll go get something to help with that." I said pointing at his bloodied face while heading to the bathroom. I came back a couple minutes later with some rubbing alcohol and some bandages. I gestured for him to sit up and moved his feet out of the way so I could sit next to him. I started to clean his face and he winced.

"Oh, don't be a baby. You can be hit by a car and walk away fine, a little alcohol should be nothing." I said teasingly.

"Haha... Sorry that you had to miss homecoming because of me." He said sheepishly.

"It's ok... It's not really my scene anyway." I replied honestly.

"Well, you looked really beautiful... I've never seen you in a dress before." Peter said avoiding my gaze.

"Thanks, Pete. You did't look too shabby yourself... Until you put on your old Spidey suit. Seeing that after Mr. Stark's suit makes it look like garbage." I said giggling.

"Yeah... We did our best though..." Peter said chuckling. I met his gaze again and was almost sucked into his perfect eyes, but I snapped myself out of it by putting a bandaid on his face.

"There you go... All better." I said moving to put my supplies away. Before I could though, Peter's hand met mine. His eyes were intense and my breath hitched in my throat. His hand reached up to my face and brushed a part of my hair behind my ear. Just as that happened, my dad walked into my room. 

"Hey... Zoey, do you want.... Oh hey Peter! What are you guys doing?" my dad said suggestively. My face went bright red and so did Peter's. I jumped apart from Peter as if we were caught red handed. Of course he had to be home tonight of all nights.

"Ohh... H...hey M...Mr. Daniels... How are you?" Peter stumbled.

"Good... I didn't hear you knock... which is weird..." dad said.

"Y....yeah... I...." Peter was at a loss for words.

"I asked him to come through the window. I didn't want to wake you with the knocking." I said trying to get my dad to leave.

"That's nice of you, sweetie. What happened to your face, Peter?" My dad asked concerned.

"You know... Flash hates him." I said waiting for him to leave.

"Oh... Ok. You guys need anything?" He asked.

"Dad." I said sternly.

"What Pumpkin?" He said using the nickname I hated. I gestured for him to leave with my head.
"Oh... of course. You guys continue... pretend I wasn't even here." He said backing out of the room.