~1~

Preparing for this particular mission was not easy for me. I am a woman after all, so when I have to pretend to be a man, it is very, very uncomfortable for me. Not only will my boobs suffer from being squished under the wrapping, but my long locks will be cut. I know that my hair will grow back and all, but I would rather go to a professional to cut my hair, than let Samuel Drake do it.

"Hold still, goddammit!" he yells. I would've not asked for his help if I'd have a mirror, but since I don't have one, I let him cut my hair.

"Just, don't cut too much of it. And cut it even!" I tell him.

"Would ya relax? I know my stuff. I can handle this, and ohh..."

"What? What oh? Is it bad? For christ sake, Sam! I told you--"

He cuts my sentence with a low chuckle. "It's fine, Birdie. You look great, trust me."

I narrowed my eyes to him "Remember the last time I trusted your judgement, Smokey?"

"Wow, okay. How was I supposed to know that thing wasn't part of your everyday makeup?"

"Because no one draws a mustache."

"Well I am a man after all. I don't know anything about your... womenly stuff."

"I am not so sure about that." I giggle as I felt my short pixie cut. It was long enough to hang over my eyes, but still looked boyish. Compared to my previous long brown hair that reached up to my belly button, this hair didn't suit me. I've always had long hair that set at least to my collarbones. Now, it didn't even hit my shoulders.

I saw as Sam started to gather my fallen hair pieces into one place with a broom. I waved him off and picked up the hairs and threw them to nearest trash pin.

"Ok, Smokey." I spread my hands to my side "Do I look like a real boy?" I said and smiled shyly

"I thought you didn't want my opinion on this." I pumped my fist to his forearm and he just laughed at that. "As I said, Birdie. You look great. If I wasn't so sure about my heterosexuality, I'd date you."

I felt my cheeks blush. It's not like I have a crush on him since we are very close friends with Sam, or Smokey, as I like to call him cause he is addicted to smoking, although he doesn't admit it, however, he is not so close to me that I thought of him as my brother. Part of the reason, is that we like to flirt with each other from time to time, but it is never, like flirting flirting. It's friendly flirting. He helps me pick up dates, and I do same to him, and also help to get rid them afterwards. But we never thought about dating each other.

Sam has always been the one who mainly protects me. He is only two years older than me, but he still feels a lot more mature than I am. I'm basically a kid.

"Yeah, well if I was a girl with blond hair and fake boobs, I'd still reject you." I say and we share a laugh.

"You ready to serve you time in jail, and then steal the Henry Avery's cross?" Sam asks casually

"Wait lemme check my schedule" I pretend to watch my non existent calendar while my other hand holds a finger for Sam. "Yeah... sorry. I kinda promised already I'd go to the prison with other guys." 

"Are they hot?" he said and wiggled his eyebrows

"One of them is." I say and see him waiting for me to continue. 

"Who...?" he waves his hands for me to continue

"You can deduce that yourself." We share a laugh and then leave our hotel room.

We agreed to meet the others in front of the jail, where we were about to enjoy our sweet time. Our little gang contained me, Sam, his little brother Nathan and Rafe Adler. I wouldn't have liked to go with Rafe, but since he has all the money and is basically our sponsor, he needed to come with us. I hate Rafe Adler, but I love his money.