~2~

We didn't have time to say a word, when the fight was on. I'm not sure who started it, but it was on. Thanks for my boxing lessons, I got more than few hits with these guys, until I was faced with one that had a white T-shirt and was bald. Ok, everyone there wore a T-shirt and were bald. He sprinted towards me and hit me to my chest. I winced in pain and raised my hand to my chest. Seeing his widened eyes, he realized that I was something else than a man.

"No eres un chico." he said with mischievous smile. "Yo debería haber sabido." he said while caressing my cheek with the back of his hand.

"Yeah, well. Fuck you too." I punched between his legs and he dropped to his knees.

"¡Puta!" he screamed in pain and I punched him to the ground.

We were soon stopped by the guards, including the infamous Vargas. "¿Alguien más necesita que les recuerde las reglas? ¡Alineense!" Vargas shouted and we were pushed against the machines.

"You know, it would be very thoughtful if someone atleast tried to speak English." a guard shoved my head a little so it lied against the machine. "Ow!"

I couldn't see Vargas nor anyone else from where I was standing, but I could hear little speaking between Vargas and Nathan. And if we didn't tell him about finding the cross, he couldn't get a cut.

"¡Cállate!" I heard Vargas shout. He must've found the cross... dammit.

Before we knew, we stood in Vargas' office. Rafe tried to lighten up the mood by telling how we would've been killed if Vargas didn't show up in time. Vargas answered quite pissed off mocking Nathan's voice. "Oh, I didn't find anything. Must be in a different tower." he threw the cross to Nate.

"What can I say, I was raised Catholic. I always carry one" He answered reluctantly. I breathed out a laugh to his sarcastic joke. After that, Vargas pulled out a gun and pointed it to Nate.

"Hey, hey you think that's necessary?" I pointed out and was immediately being pointed with a gun by Vargas.

"You think I'm an idiot?" He asked while raising his voice.

"Okay. You want to renegotiate? Fine. Stop acting like a third world thug." Rafe said with a serious face as Vargas eyed him. "Now put the gun away." And as a miracle, Vargas lowered his gun to his holster. Ok, maybe Rafe is useful at some point.

"We're willing to give you... ten percent." Rafe offered.

Vargas laughed shortly and looked at Rafe "Think half." Is this guy serious?

"We're doing most of the work." I pointed out

"You'd never find it without us. Fifteen." Rafe offered.

Vargas eyed all of us while thinking. "Twenty. Equals."

"Does that sound fair to you guys?" Rafe asked.

"Suppose I can live with that." Sam waved off

"Yeah sure." Nate said.

I nodded with a small smile. It's not like I wanted most of the money. No. I didn't care for money. Right now I'm just thinking about going home and lying down. Money isn't the most important part, the adventure is.

Rafe and Vargas shook hands, and without another word Rafe stabbed Vargas. First once. Then twice. Vargas pulled the trigger in the gun in his hands, and Rafe directed that shot to the ceiling. Vargas slumped down to the floor and Rafe took the gun from his hand.

I felt nauseous... I felt disgusted, not by the corpse, but by Rafe. Rafe just killed Vargas although he wasn't any thread to us. "Oh, god" I covered my mouth with my hand feeling the toxicating sting in my stomach.

We heard a knock outside the door and a guard yelling. "Guys, what are we doing here?" Sam asked as his breathing quickened.

"We're sticking to the plan." Rafe answered as he started searching for keys in dead man's pockets

"Was this part of the plan?" Nate asked raising his voice.

"Just follow me." Rafe said and we ran out of the other door.

And so began our get away. We went through the alleys and dodged the bullets. We climbed, and jumped from roof to roof and kicked some guards' asses.

"God, this place is like a maze." I said while breathing heavily and looking around me.

"Yeah, it's like they don't want us to leave or something." Sam said with a sarcastic tone.

"Ha. Ha." I said with the same tone.

"Are we close?" Nathan asked

"Yeah! There's the lighthouse!" I said and started climbing the latters. We ran for our lives, Rafe leading us and Sam behind. From time to time me and Nate shouted to see if Sam was still with us.

"Just keep going! Go!" he yelled. I looked behind me and saw Sam and decided to wait for him.

"I'm not leaving without you. Run!" gunshots danced through the air and I dodged as best as I could. Sam catched me up and that was when a bullet hit me. "AGH!" I screamed and quickly shot my hand to my right shoulder.

"You okay? Can you keep moving?" Sam asked me and I waved him off.

"It only scratched me, I'm fine." I said between my gritted teeth. That shot hurt like hell, but it wasn't too painful that I couldn't keep going. We ran along the metallic roof and kneeled when we got behind a cover.

"Birdie, you go first." Sam said and ushered me to jump to the next pavement. I jumped and took Nathan's reaching hand and pulled myself up quickly.

"You go start the boat." Rafe ordered and I nodded quickly before running away from them. I reached the boat and began to power it up and testing the engine. I sat next to the wheel and waited for other's that felt like hours. Finally I saw someone moving in the bushes and I sighed relieved. I turned my body to the wheel and started the engine.

Rafe was first that climbed inside the boat and took the wheel. I went to help Nathan and searched around the boat. "Where's Sam?" I asked. Neither one of them answered and Rafe started maneuvering the boat. "No! Stop! We need to wait for Sam!" I yelled to Rafe and he kept his neutral face. I turned to Nathan whose face was red and eyes filled with tears. "No...Nonono. Nathan don't tell me he's.." I felt my heart clenching and my throat swelling. Nathan stared at the bottom of the boat and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't... He just..." I quickly went by Nathan and hugged him as I let my tears fall from my eyes. Nathan hugged me like his life depended on it. "The guards they shot him and I..." I caressed his head and buried my face in his hair.

"Sam..." I sobbed. "Please... No..." Smokey...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
A/N: Well wasn't this a chapter filled with emotions :}. (Srsly, I cried when I first played this part of the game.)

Feel free to vote and comment oyee :3

Lots of Love,

Violet O.