Story of My Life

Fuchsia.

My name and my favorite color. But although I have a nice name, if I could describe myself with one word, that word would be Unlucky. Every day for as long as I can remember, I have tripped at some point in the day. Every test I have taken I have failed, and I never get a good grade in any class. I understand everything, but somehow I get everything wrong. But my twin brother is the exact opposite of me.

Tristan is, as far as I know, the luckiest man alive. The luckiest living thing for that matter. If a meteor came crashing to Earth, he come out unscathed. Every day he finds a ten dollar bill, usually mine, every day he gets free snacks from his friends, and every day he laughs at me as he witnesses me fall flat on my face. The way his hair, down to the last wavy, red hair, stays in place, the way his emerald green eyes are perfectly symmetrical, the way his freckles are all the same size and evenly spread out, I don't think he deserves it.

He is always rude, he never says thank you, and he always has an organized, clean room, even though he absolutely never cleans it. My room is always covered in canvases from all the painting I do, and I study for my tests. He never studies and does a lot of weird stuff in his room, but it stays clean and he aces every test while I'm over here working my sanity away as I fail every single test. People think that if you try your best that you will always succeed. Apparently that isn't true, because I am as kind as I possibly can be, I study for all of my subjects every day, I even make an effort to clean my room sometimes, but still nobody is nice to me, I fail at everything, and my room is still dirty afterwards.

I can never understand why nothing ever goes right for me, but I know that it eventually will. I can just feel it in my heart, that all of this good will be some sort of use in the future. Whether or not it gets me anywhere I don't know, but I think that it'll eventually be alright. But that depends on if fate will see through everything that happens to me.