♤ Meeting the Big Bad Wolf: CH 1 ♤

     Ever since I was a little girl I have been told of the stories of the large black wolf that lurks in the shadows of the midnight forest

     Ever since I was a little girl I have been told of the stories of the large black wolf that lurks in the shadows of the midnight forest. It's glowing amber eyes watch you hungrily as you pass by. I never believed in such stories. The forest always brought back wonderfull memories with my parents. Memories of a precious time I will cherish forever.

When I was six, every Sunday my parents and I would visit a large green field in that very forest. It was always filled with so many beautiful flowers. We would have picnics below a large apple tree. We would sit on a red checkered blanket and we would bring a woven basket with treats. My mother would make her famous finger sandwiches and macarons. I remember how I loved picking flowers. My mother would carefully place the flowers inside my hair after braiding it. Then I would place a small delicate flower on the back of each of my parent's ears. We were a very happy family.

My parents always dreamed of opening a bakery in the enchanting village of Colmar. They told me that soon after we would buy a small but cute cottage. A place we could call home. Unfortunately, my parents weren't able to see that dream come true. They passed away that winter on their way to a city nearby, due to an animal attack. I moved in with my grandmother soon after. She raised me into the young lady I am today. With her help, I was able to open the bakery my parents always dreamed of. With the money I earned, I bought a cute cottage near the bakery. My grandmother stayed at the house my grandfather had built for them. I would visit her every day and bring her sweets from the bakery, with the company of my little bichon frise, Pompom. I always thought my life would be simple. I didn't mind it, in fact, I loved it! It was peaceful. It was just my grandmother, Pompom and I, but my life changed unexpectedly when I met HIM. He made me see the world in such a magical way. It was mesmerizing.
This is how our story begins.....