♤ A letter from a stranger :Ch 5 ♤

~ 1 month later~

CHARLOTTE POV:

"Did you hear the rumor that has been spreading all over town? Mrs. Leclaire said."

"What rumor?"

"They say that the black wolf that lurks in the woods is finally going to claim his bride. They say he will take her with him on the night of the full moon in two days!"

"Are you sure that isn't just another rumor."

"Well I guess your right sweety. You just take good care of yourself. You live close to the woods you know."

"Like I said before I have Pompom. I will be fine just like I've always been."

That night I sat down in front of the fire place and read another romance book like I did every night before bed.

Pompom sat next to me and we snuggled together with a blanket.

I started to think back of the night I danced with the mysterious man. I still wondered why I ended up waking up in his castle.

I then heard the sound of trees russling.

Pompom immediately ran to the door.
He wagged his tail and started to bark. Who ever was at the door or outside seemed to be someone Pompom liked. I opened the door and looked around but no one was there.

I decided that it was time for bed. I went to my room and fell asleep.

That night I had a dream about the black wolf. He lead me through the forest and into a field of flowers. Then the sccenario changed to the garden of roses in the castle. I turned around and to my surprise the black wolf had become the hansome man I had met at the ball. He leaned in and was about to kiss me when I woke up.

 He leaned in and was about to kiss me when I woke up

The dream had felt so real. I then wondered if I'd ever see the beautiful creature or that hansome man from the ball again.

I decided to go to my grandmothers house. I put on my favorite red coat. And grabbed my basket with baked goods to bring to my grandmother. Pompom, as always accompanied me.

As I was walking out the door Pompom noticed a letter on my door step and started to sniff it. He once again wagged his tail in content.

"Is this from your friend Pompom?" I said laughing.

'To Charlotte' It said.

"Oh its for me, I wonder who its from? It doesn't say

"Oh its for me, I wonder who its from? It doesn't say." I said confused.

"I watch you from a far

"I watch you from a far. Your beauty and kindnes stands out like no one else. Your sweet smile can make even the saddest man smile. Your heart so pure. We have met but only a few times and each and every time I fall deeper and deeper into your spell. Without even knowing it you have me wrapped in your little finger. I know that a single touch or a smile alone can make even the most powerful beast go insane. You are mine and mine alone. You will soon see that.........."

The Big Bad Wolf

I dropped the letter. I felt startled by what I had read. Who could have sent it. The writing was so neat and every word seemed to be writen with a specific purpose. It seemed to be a letter from a lover. Yet I had no suitors.

"They must be talking about another Charlotte right?" I placed the letter inside my basket.

I covered my head with the hood of my red cape and headed to grandmothers house.

On the way there I felt distracted

On the way there I felt distracted. Who could have writen it? That is what I truly wanted to know. But most importantly why? Why had they chosen me?

I felt the odd feeling that I was being watched. I only had a little bit left so I decided to run.

I went to my grandmothers house and decided that it was best not to tell her about the letter.

That night it took me a while but I finally fell asleep.