Chapter 23

Okay I feel bad for not including Frank but he’ll get one after the next! And you’ll soon understand why percabeth and jasper get their own chapters, I’m a geniusJ

Here’s the order:

Ch.23- Annabeth

Ch.24-Frank

Ch.25-Jason

Ch.26-Percy

Ch.27- Percy

Ch.28- Piper

Ch.29- Annabeth

Ch.30- Annabeth

THE ENDL

Disclaimer: The amazing Rick Riordan owns all this except some of the plot!

Annabeth

Annabeth was curious to see what Percy wanted to talk about. She still felt hollow after what had happened in the battle. She was pretty sure Percy was feeling the same way even if he tried not to show it. Those three had been through a lot together and had lost the same friends. Although Thalia was the only one who felt the same when they lost Luke last summer. Percy was waiting at his balcony calmly looking out lost in thought.

“Hey.” She said quietly not wanting to startle him.

“How come I feel like this isn’t the end?” he ignored her greeting.

“Well it isn’t there’s still Greece and the final battle.” She was confused which was rare considering her mom was Athena.

“I meant this one. I have this awful feeling.” He muttered furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.

Annabeth knew what he meant though. The prophecy was fulfilled but something was definitely missing. Percy didn’t make any life or death decisions involving her. That’s what everyone had been so concerned about but it didn’t happen. Her whole life was déjà vu. Nothing ever seemed like the end. She finally was able to reply after a few moments of silence.

“I know what you mean but I was kind of hoping we would get some rest until the major battle came.” She barely whispered.

“I think everyone feels the same at this point. Frank did his duty but what about me? Thalia basically did it for me.” The last past was when his voice cracked. She looked at him analyzing every move like a true Athena child did. His movements, breathing patterns, and his gaze-everything was taken into account.

 As a result, she concluded that Percy was still taking it hard like any other person would. Slowly Annabeth realized she was in no better condition than he was. Jason was composed on the outside but obviously broken trying not to show it; it was his sister after all. On the other hand Percy and Annabeth had known Thalia for a while. She was soon shaking and taking deep breaths. Out of nowhere Percy kissed her as if it was their last. She was surprised but responded back with just as much force.

 Everyday Annabeth was scared that it would be true; that that moment in time would be their last no matter what they did. They were just two teenagers madly in love but with a twist. A factor so big that it was a life or death situation. They were half mortal and half god and the odds were that nothing in existence ever came out good.

“You know we should get a break after all that we’ve been through.” He said.

Annabeth couldn’t agree more. Aphrodite had it in for them or the Fates were messing around.

“Love conquers all Percy.” The words of wisdom slipped out of her mouth without a second thought.

‘That might be true but how long shall this love last? You’re a smart girl, Annabeth. Do you really think any of this will last?’ Gaea’s voice filled her head.

Percy apparently hadn’t heard a single word. He was too busy thinking again. He had been doing that a lot lately. It was strange to see someone who used to be so carefree and act before they thought to be thinking so much. Being at Camp Jupiter and training at the Wolf House had a massive effect on him that would probably never leave Percy.

‘It will even if I have to die first.’ She shot back at the creature.

She was tired of Gaea trying to control her life. They would defeat her and the army even if it would be the last thing they did. They were the seven most powerful demigods of their time and they were assembled for a good reason. Annabeth understood what Hera had to do no matter how much she hated the woman, Hera was smart.

Percy and Jason did have some issues to work out but they had the time. New York was still far away. Anything could happen between their current position and the destination at hand. She wondered what her mother thought about everything, she couldn’t really ask due to the “almighty” Zeus.

The thought reminded her of the Mark. Annabeth had expected it to fade at least but it was still on her shoulder. She tried contacting her mother but it seemed as if Zeus was still being stubborn as ever not budging from his closing off from the world idea. Before any bad or negative things could start filling her mind, Percy interrupted thank the gods. She didn’t know how much longer she would have lasted.

“You’re amazing Annabeth.” he said hugging her from behind.

The words filled her with joy. She didn’t need Gaea ruining this. Her stupid Mark wasn’t going to ruin it. Not even the gods-with the exception of the love goddess-could tarnish the bond that they had. Being with Percy was all that really mattered to her. They had been through more than the average teenage couple could and nothing was getting in their way any time soon. No other girls or guys could try and separate them. They were Percy and Annabeth; they were one.

“Thinking again Wise Girl?” Annabeth smiled at the use of the nickname.

“When am I not thinking Seaweed Brain? Honestly did holding up the world mean nothing to you?” Percy laughed along with her.

 To any normal people or even demigods that sentence would have sounded like a coded message, but to them it was their life story. Their laughs echoed throughout the ship. Further, in another room the same type of laughs traveled back to Annabeth’s ears. They were a relief to hear after the rough past few days. She was glad to know that the Seven could still enjoy themselves.

“Don’t move.” Annabeth whispered.

“I wasn’t planning to.” Percy replied back.

Notice some similarities? Now what is Gaea up to? I don’t even know yet but I’ll figure it out. I like writing these they’re so cute! Anyone who isn’t a fan of romance sorry but I needed this or fans would feel incomplete in the end. Anyways hope you liked it and

COMMENT,

SUBSCRIBE/VOTE,

FOLLOW/FAN,

&SUGGEST!

Sincerely,

Me;)