chapter 10:grownass men don't drag their wives to work...

"You didn't invite me to your wedding!" Lilly snapped the minute Brian and Amani got in their house, laughing with bags in their hands.

Brian was shocked.
"Lilly! What the hell are you doing in my house?"

Lilly glared at him. "Asking why I wasn't invited to your wedding!" She paused. "It's that witch you call a wife! She ordered you to do that to me! Right?"

Amani rolled her eyes. "Lillian I had nothing to-"

"So you recognize that you are indeed a witch, huh?"

Brian growled. "Lilly, we are just from our honeymoon. Could you please leave and give us time to breathe?"

Lilly sniggered. "So you are kicking me out! Again!"

"Oh please!" Amani snorted. "No one told you to come in the first place..."

Lilly ignored Amani. "You had the guts to invite your dad but not me! After all that he did to me! To us!"

Amani was confused. "What did he do?"

Lilly cackled. "I thought you know every single detail about your hubby..." She smirked. "But seems like he didn't tell you that his dad and his fiancé ran away together with all the cash just a week to my son's wedding! Then 6 months later, she was spotted in a mall, pregnant,holding hands with his father!"

Amani was beyond shocked. "What!"

Brian was silent as if he was seething inside.

"Lilly you should leave!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amani and Koi were relaxing in the backyard, sitting at the stonebench.

"So, how was the honeymoon?"

Amani smiled. "It was everything I've ever wished for... But all that time, I was just thinking about Brian..."

Koi stared at her. "But he was there with you!"

"Ya... The thought of leaving him just breaks my heart! I wish this was easier!" Amani pushed back her wig as if frustrated.

Koi grinned. "You're starting to get attached..."

"Yea,and it's scary as hell."

Koi smiled. "He will be okay!"

"B has been heartbroken hundreds of times but I'm still amused by how that doesn't stop him from loving the next person just as much. He's a good person Koi and I don't want to break his heart!"

Koi hugged her. "At this point, there's nothing you can do about it!"

Koi touched her head. "You have a fever!"

Amani nodded. "Ya I have a fever! I'm also feeling kind of dizzy but I'll be okay. I'll take the pills."

She smiled. "I'll be okay."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amani and Brian were lying on the bed, laughing as they were watching sue na Jonnie, a Kenyan dramedy series.

"And by the way babe," She said. "I really want our marriage to work."

Brian laughed softly. "Where is all this coming from?"

Amani smiled. "I've been reading a book called 'Steps To Forever' by Tracy Pilale."

Brian giggled. "Huh! That author didn't even make it to forever with her hubby. What makes you believe it will help you with your marriage?"