chapter 12:she ran away...

The barbershop on Hawii Street was noisy that Wednesday evening with Amani and Koi laughing loudly and some hiphop music playing in the background.

Amani was having a new haircut and she sure looked good in it. It was a blonde mo-hawk cut. The barber was impressed by his work and he couldn't help grinning from time to time.

"It looks great," Amani told the barber who nodded in agreement.

"You look good, girl," Complimented Koi.

Amani just smiled. Just as she was about to stand up to leave, she felt dizzy and she reached for the seat immediately. Her head was now aching and she couldn't stand the fever. She shrieked in pain, then her nose was bleeding.

"Koi! The pills! In my bag!" She yelped with her head bent down, panting as if in short of breathe, blood dripping from her nose.

Koi immediately gave her the pills and it took some few minutes for her to calm down.

"What the hell just happened?," the barber asked, his gaze playing ping ping from Koi to Amani.

"I'm fine," Amani muttered, her voice fading into a whisper.

She wiped the blood from her nose and gulped a bottle of water.

Amani laughed, "I said I'm fine!"

Then her phone rang.

Husbae...

She picked it up swiftly.
"Yes honey..."

"Sugar, could you meet me at the Parlour Plaza, now?"

"Now? What's up?"

Brian giggled. "It's a surprise."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Brian was standing beside his car, outside Parlour Plaza when Amani came holding hands with Koi. She looked very beautiful in the new haircut and he just couldn't stop looking at her.
He shook Koi's hand and noticed that she'd added some pounds. He kicked that thought away and embraced Amani.

"Lookin' lovely in that haircut wifeyy!" he said, touching the blonde-dyed short hair in the middle.

Amani blushed.

"What's the surprise? I can't see a new car,"She looked around, laughing.

"Get in the car!"

"What? In the car!"

Brian nodded. "Yea..."

Brian looked at Koi as Amani got in the car. "Will you come with us?"

"Where?"

Brian smiled. "It's a surprise!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tracee knocked on the door loudly.

Once...

Twice...

The third time she kicked the door open and walked inside. Her mother was behind her, following every step Tracee took.

The beautiful old woman was just glancing around wishing to catch a glimpse of her younger daughter...

Taraji.

But the house was empty.
No sign of evidence that there's a being living there. Beatrice was dissapointed.
Again...