Chapter 22: Something Dark

Koi made breakfast early that morning and took it to Amani's room. She should be awake by now.

Amani was seated on the bed, her head buried between her legs. She was engulfed in thoughts and had not been able to sleep the entire night. Her world was crumbling. She thought she'd never have to face this. She thought Brian would never know the truth about her,let alone her real name.

Koi put the cup of coffee and the mandazis on the side table and looked at Amani.

"Taraji, you should have-" Koi was rudely cut off.

Amani glared at her. "Its Amani! Amani!"

Koi sighed. "Okay, Amani. You should have breakfast..."

Amani looked at Koi. She was sorry for how she'd reacted. Koi had helped her out when Brian kicked her out. She had accommodated her regardless of the fact that they were not in good terms.

"Thanks...," she mumbled. "But I'm really not in the mood to eat."

Koi was pissed when she said that. She was fed up. Amani was acting like a 16-year old who'd been dumped and heartbroken by a horny adolescent when it really wasn't the case.

"Stop acting like a baby! Its not like you loved Brian..."

Amani was silent for a while, just staring at Koi then she said, "that's the problem. All along I thought I was not in love with him but, now that we're apart, I realise just how much I love and need him. I got attached!"

"It's over Amani!" Koi said bluntly. "Its over!"

Amani stared at Koi and for a moment, she wondered if she hated the bullshit that came out of her bloody mouth or the bloody mouth itself. Koi was being harsh and inconsiderate. The only thing she wanted now is somebody who could tell her... you'll be okay darling... He'll take you back definitely... He can't live without you... Not its over! Argh!

"Aren't you going to work?," asked Koi.

Amani shook her head. Koi was really annoying her.

"Well, I have to go to work," Koi said and Amani's face lit up with a smile. "And since you're excited about me going to work, why don't you eat breakfast then I go?"

Amani mumbled something but Koi couldn't catch it.

"Its either you eat or I stay!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I'm a sex addict!" The patient said for the millionth time.

Lavin, sat on the seat across Brian and kept repeating the same thing. She knew she was pissing Brian off and she quite enjoyed it. Her best friend, Christine, had suggested she start therapy due to her addiction. At first, she thought it was stupid but then, Christine being Christine, lured her into it and here she was, regretting why she didn't trust her first instincts. This is lame... Though she quite enjoyed watching this hot psychiatrist shrug and get irked. She just enjoyed looking at him and think wild thoughts of him in her dirty mind.

Brian shrugged. "You've already said that Mrs-"

"Its Ms.Lavin," She corrected.

"So Ms.Lavin, I need to hear something new. Tell me more about your addiction, what you think causes it, why and how you can solve it, when and how it started,"Brian said politely.