Chapter seventeen

When you wake up in a strange place filled with strange people staring at you, the first response should usually be, WHAT HAPPENED or WHERE AM I! Instead I said "What? Is there something on my face?" "No." They all said in unison, still starring, there must have been hundreds of them, eyes unblinking filled with wonder and curiosity. Why they were so interested no clue, but in made me want to look around to see if I was missing out on something amazing.

At some point they had changed our clothes, Rosalind was wearing a light pink almost white, it complimented her short white hair, and made her light blue eyes pop. It looked like a ball gown but it was less puffy, the top had a pattern of silver and white diamonds and then lessened out around the waist, which helped her appear even slimmer than before, high was slim. Zander had reagular armor on but the color was not so normal,it was black and laced with silver that highlighted its craftsmanship. On his shoulders was a dark blue cape, its color, and the armors was similar to the color of his sword, minus the silver. Finally I looked at my own dress, it was a full on ball gown and much like Rosalinds, it had silver and white on the top but, it expanded a little further in a spiral motion. The color started from white at the waist and slowly darkened into a teal, much like my flail. It seemed that these people knew about our weapons and who we were, but who were they?

We're in some kind of highly elaborate underground gathering center, it had marble for the walls, floor and ceiling. A silver paint used to help the statues of the animals and people on the walls stand out ( these people were really obsessed with silver ). They weren't poor, I found that surprising, because most people had lost so much of their money due to the taxes forced on them from their new king. They had several couches, the one I was sitting on was extremely comfortable, no wonder I was the last to wake up. I turned to Rosalind "Where are we.." I whispered "and have I been asleep long?" She leaned closer and said "The hidden village we were looking for, it turned out they found us." That's when Zander decided he wanted to add something to the conversation that he thought was important. "You've only been a drooling mess for a few hours."

"I've been asleep for that long!" I scream whispered because at this moment I was extremely self-conscious. "Yeah but if it makes you feel any better we just woke up about 2 minutes ago, and Zander was talking in his sleep." "That's not something you tell someone" Zander interjected looking hurt and surprised that she knew this. They kept arguing until I came between them both literally and figuratively. "Okay, okay that's enough. Does anyone know why a HIDDEN village would want to take us in, total and complete strangers?" They looked at each other and then back to me and shrugged.

"We know who you are and we have Amora's bow." We turned and saw the oldest man in the world walk forward. His face was filled with wrinkles, it was a miracle that he could see, the only indication of his nonexistent eyes were smile lines. "We also took back both the flail and the sword. In order to gain them back though, you must go through a test." "That should be easy." We said surprisingly in unison. "Ah but the tests must be done alone, no one may help you,"