With you 'till the end of the line

"Fine. Take only the last ten hours of his mind." Peirce said before he left the room, Rumlow following. I looked to Soldier with a hidden smile.
It clamped tight around his arms as a head piece formed around his head, electricity ran through his head as he screamed in pain. I hastily left the room not being able to bare his screams of agony.

The Soldier and I made our way quickly across the large landing bay taking down SHIELD men and women left and right. I threw a bomb into one of the jets as it's door shut. It exploded from the inside and I kept moving. I watched Winter fire missiles into as many of the jets as he could.
It wasn't long before Soldier and I had taken out everyone on the ground as we headed for a jet. Winter climbed onto the roof and shot the pilot through the glass, before getting into the pilots seat as I jumped in behind him. We took off head for the rising Helicarriers. I was feeling rather unsure about this mission, not that I was ever meant to feel anything, but I knew this was wrong. The Soldier and I land on one of the carriers and climbed out just as we watched the Falcon and Captain America land on the edge of it. Winter took off running and I followed as he kicked the Captain back off the edge of the ship. Sam attempted to jump after him, but I grabbed a hold of one of his wings and yanked him backward with both hands, throwing him back towards the carrier. He caught himself in the air and started shooting at Winter and I. We ducked for cover in a tuck and roll. Falcon tried to take off again but Soldier shit him down and ripped off one of his wings. The fight ended there as I run past Winter and kicked Sam square in the chest, sending him to his death over the edge of the carrier.

Winter looked over the edge spotting Steve on a lower section of the carrier as I watched the Falcon pull a parachute.

"C'mon." Was all the Soldier said as he turned and made his way into the helicarrier.

Winter and I stood in direct path of the Captains destination. Though I felt uneasy about this mission, I would always have Winter's back.

"People are gonna die Buck." Steve said as he stopped on the metal bridge. I looked between Winter and the Captain, feeling more unsure of everything the longer this dragged on. Steve noticed my uneasiness and looked at me as he added.
"I can't let that happen." I looked away feeling ashamed. I wish I had of had time to explain to Winter the strange truth behind this situation.

"Please don't make me do this." He begged. When neither of us replied he through his shield at us I ducked out of the way as Winter deflected it with his metal arm, pulling out his gun to shoot at Steve. Their fight continued and I did my best to stay out of the way. This isn't my fight. This isn't right, he needs to know who he is and this, Steve, knows him. The Captain pulled out one of the chips in the carrier and tried to put in the one he was carrying only to have Winter stop him. The two fought again as they went sailing over the edge of the bridge and onto the glass base bellow, fighting for the chip the whole way down.
Winter managed to stab Steve for the second time as he then dived for the chip, he gripped it tight and the Captain grabbed him by the neck holding him off the ground. Oh no you don't. I thought as I jumped off the bridge. The landing could've been better considering it hurt like a bitch but I didn't stop and ran at Steve tackling him to the ground as Winter gained his breath. I fought with Steve as he flipped me off his back and I hit the glass hard landing right on my shoulder. I felt it pop out and let out a muffled, strange cry in pain. Soldier looked to me in concern, before he dove at Steve, but he was quick and had Winter pined to the ground in a choke hold. Meanwhile I sat up carefully but quickly before snapping my dislocated shoulder back in place. I turned from my spot on the floor to find Winter out cold and Steve already making his way up the stairs to the control system. The Captain wasn't my focus though. I scrambled to Winter's side and gently flipped him over to check his pulse. Still steady. Now the Captain. I thought as I tried to make my way up to the control system as quickly as I could. I watched as the Captain climbed up the carrier to get to the system. I pulled out my gun and aimed, but for some reason I couldn't pull the trigger. Apparently I didn't have to because a shot rang out and I watched the Captain nearly lose his grip as the Soldier shot at him. He fired again landing another shot on theCaptain.

As Winter aimed again I jumped up and stood in his line of sight. I shook my head vigorously, waving my hands in a 'stop' manner. Winter looked at me in annoyance and confusion, I could also sense the Captains eyes on my back.

'No, you can't go through with this.' I signed frantically. Behind me Steve placed the chip in his hand into the system, taking control of the Helicarriers. Winter grimaced in anger and annoyance.

Fire rained down on the Helicarrier and the whole ship shook. Flames licking up all over the place as the Helicarriers began to fall from the sky. A scream of pain redirected my attention as I noticed Winter trapped beneath a huge piece of metal. My eyes widened and I shook. No. I jumped back down to the glass and sprinted over to Winter's trapped body.
Frantic, I pulled on the metal but it was to much for me to lift alone. Next thing I know Captain America is beside me and helping me lift the debris. Winter looked to Steve in fear as we pulled the debris up and off of Winter. The Soldier hauled himself out from under the metal and Steve and I let it go. Tired from the strain.

"You know me." Steve said breathlessly.

"No I don't!" Winter yelled as he swung his metal fist only to be met with Captain America's shield. The two fought a tired battle.

"Bucky." The Captain said in an attempt to get into the mind of the man Winter used to be. "You've known me your whole life." Winter looked a little thrown off but turned and hit him.

"Your name is James Buchanan Barnes." Steve said weakly. I could tell his resolve for the fight was dying. The glass shook beneath me and I jumped back as I cracked, momentarily distracted from their fight. Next thing I knew Winter had Steve pinned down his shield gone and his will for the fight, gone.

"I'm not gonna fight you, you're my friend." Steve said as he was pinned down. Winter through a punch to his face.

"You're my mission." He said harshly. As he landed blow after blow to the Captain's face. I looked on in shock and horror. This is all wrong. Winter kept repeating the same line over and over.

"You're my mission." But as he raised his fist again and hesitated, something unexpected left the Captain's lips.

"Then finish it. Cause I'm with you 'till the end of the line." Winter stopped breathing heavily as recognition flickered threw his eyes. Just then a piece of the ship fell and sent Steve plummeting into the lake below as Winter hung from the structure watching him fall. I quickly made my way over to him and pulled him up to stand. I looked to him with an expectant look which he returned with a sad, unsure one.

He looked back down to where Steve had fallen into the water before diving off the falling helicarrier without a word.

I rolled my eyes before following suit and swimming to the shoreline as I watched Winter drag the Captains unconscious body from the lake. He looked to me with a sigh.
He looked so broken and so unsure of himself. I smiled softly as I walked to him. Gripping his hand tightly, I pulled him along behind me as we left before anyone came looking for the Captain. I glanced back at the fallen Captain one last time before we disappeared into the tree line.