Chapter 1: Memories

Okayyy I'll just type the whole story of "Spirited Away" here so it'll bring u guys some memories back xD

Sunlight rays were shining on Chihiro's face. She was holding a bundle of flowers given by her friend. True, her family was moving to another town located far away from her previous one. She truly hated this new place, but what can a 10 yr old girl do?

They went to explore the new town. Out of a sudden, they stumbled upon a weird tunnel located in ... ( probably in the middle of nowhere? 😂). Due to her parents' strong curiosity, they went into the tunnel. Soon, they found themselves in a new village ( which is the Spirit World ). They didn't know that the ground they were stepping on was the Spirit World. Chihiro's father soon found some food , her parents were both happy, and started to gulp on every single food they found.

Chihiro glared at her parents in dismay then went on and explored the rest of the village. It was close to sunset.

A green-haired boy came out from one of the restaurants and saw Chihiro who was at the bridge. They stared at each other for a few seconds. The boy snapped out of the situation and told her to leave immediately, before the sun sets.

Stunned, Chihiro ran away as she was told to. Soon, the sun set, and night came.

Running here and there, Chihiro ran out of strength. She crouched near the lake and started to cry. The boy soon found her and gave her some food, also told her that if she doesn't eat the food here, she'll vanish.

Chihiro did what the boy told her to do so. They went to the restaurant where the boy was working. The boy told her not to breath while walking across the bridge but yet she did. Spirits there soon found her existence and started to panic. The boy pulled her to the garden and told her if she wanted to survive and save her parents, she had to work here. She soon found out the boy's name, Haku ( his real name was Nigihayami Kohakunushi, which meant "god of the swift amber river" ).

Soon, she met Kamaji (which meant grandfather teapot?? ) and begged him to let her work work here. Kamaji took her to Yubaba, which was the head of the restaurant. Yubaba had no choice but to let her stay. Chihiro was happy indeed and wanted to share the news to Haku who she bumped into later. Haku was very strict with her and treated her coldlike, which made Chihiro thought that there were 2 Hakus' in the restaurant.

The next day, Haku snuck into Chihiro's room and told her to come out and meet him by the bridge after sunlight. She went there and realised that it was the same old Haku ( the caring and kind one ) she knew. She questioned Haku about yesterday and then knew that Haku was working for Yubaba, and is her apprentice. Haku took her to meet her parents,which were now pigs ( they ate the food there and somehow became pigs... ) She felt sad and worried if her parents were gonna get killed for their meat one day. Haku gave her a sushi which made her cry and feel better.

They continued their life in the spirit world, which somehow seemed ok.

One day, while Chihiro was gazing at the view from her room, she saw Haku being attacked by a bunch of paper birds ( or little humans? ) . Without thinking, she let Haku in her room , which was most probably destroyed by him. He tried to get the paper birds away from him, but it made his wounds worse. Finally, he crashed into Kamaji's room, which made Kamaji shocked. Kamaji felt that there was a strong magic inside Haku, he told Chihiro to stay away from Haku. She didn't listen, she fed Haku a herbal cake ( I think? ) given from the river god ( long story ) which made Haku spit out a seal ( more like those chops you see in school or offices ) which he stole from Zeniba ( Yubaba's twin sister ) and a worm which Yubaba has put into Haku's body to control him ( more like to control his movement ). But, Haku was still in a deep coma, which made Chihiro worried and think that Haku will die. She asked Kamaji where Zeniba lived as she wanted to save Haku, whom saved her once. Kamaji told her that it was a place far away from here and said that she had to take the train to get there. Chihiro, No-face ( a spirit and another long story ), Yubaba's son and a bird who was working for her ( in animal form because of Zeniba's spell ) set off to find Zeniba.

They arrived at a small cottage where Zeniba lived in. Chihiro gave Zeniba her seal back and begged for forgiveness while asked Zeniba whether if she could save Haku. Of course, Zeniba ignored her question as she knew something surprising was going to come. Moments later, a gust of strong wind blew and seemed to be knocking on Zeniba's door. Zeniba told Chihiro to welcome the guest inside. To Chihiro's surprise, she saw Haku in his dragon form and he seemed to be okay. Chihiro ran to him and hugged him happily. Before leaving, Zeniba gave her a hair tie which was woven by all her friends ( Zeniba, No-face, Yubaba's son and the bird ).She thanked Zeniba and she left with Yubaba's son, bird ( the thing with a human head and a bird's body ) and Haku.

While on their way back, Chihiro told Haku that she fell into a river to get her shoe and almost drowned when she was small. But surprisingly, she was washed up the riverbank and had no bruises or whatsoever. She diagnosed that Haku was the river ( but it was filled ages ago ) and told Haku the river's name, the Kohaku river.

By then, Haku's dragon form shattered into pieces. Chihiro grabbed Haku's hand and saw Haku's eyes shimmering. Haku remembered his own name , which was the Kohaku river. Haku told Chihiro that he was the spirit of the Kohaku river who saved Chihiro from drowning when she was small. This explains why Haku remembers Chihiro's name instead of his. The Kohaku river was filled in years ago which made Haku homeless and nowhere to go.

At Yubaba's restaurant, everyone was waiting upon the return of Yubaba's son, Chihiro and Haku. Moments later, they arrived. As what Yubaba has promised Haku, she let Chihiro go, but only if she chose which pigs were her parents. Chihiro realised that none of the pigs were her parents, which broke her contract. Haku and Chihiro ran off to return Chihiro to the human world. Before leaving, Chihiro asked Haku if they could meet again in the human world. Haku said that they will meet again as he had found his real name. While Chihiro was leaving, Haku told her not to look back until she had left the tunnel, then he let go of her hands.

"Chihiro...."
"Chihiro...."

Chihiro woke up, shocked. She dreamt of Haku, again. Since her depart from the spirit world, she had never seen him ever. It was already months, could be a few years over. She truly missed him.

She held the hair tie tightly, sighed and said:

"Was our promise just a lie...?"

This chapter is just basically recalling the memories that had happened in the movie "Spirited Away". Hope you guys like it 🙆🏻‍♀️💕
-Am