10 years later*
Amaris/Riley POV

"Happy birthday, dweeb!" An older kid from the group home shouted as he shoved me into the wall.

His friends snickering and daping him up as if that was the best roast they've heard in their life.

I pushed myself from the peeling white wall and walked to my assigned room.

I walk to the small twin bed the overseer of this particular group home gave us. It's covered in a rough grey sheet with a thin blanket, no pillow since they cost too much.

I lift the mattress from the post it's on and pull out the many papers I have hidden under it. They are filled with stories of my dreams, hopes, and fears. Each one more compelling and interesting than the last.

The stories follow the journey of two beautiful women, a blonde and brunette. One was an evil queen who pillaged and killed villages until her heart was mended by a noble Savior. They fell in love and had two daughters who were placed in hiding never to be heard from again.

I haven't had a dream about them since Halloween. I hope I have some again tonight as a gift.

I heard the door of the room I'm in open. I quickly stuffed the papers back under the mattress out of fear that the one out of the two things that's mine in this hellhole would be taken.

I looked up to see the face of my best friend, Zoë, "Happy birthday, Riles!"

"Thank you, Z," I said relaxing a little bit.

"Did you hear?" She asked.

"We're getting a new girl today," she said plopping on the bed next to mine.

I shrugged my shoulder and hmm'ed in response. We get new people on a regular basis nothing really special, but I just I have this weird feeling that something big is going to happen.

These first few chapters are just going to be little fillers. I hope you enjoyed it