Chapter 2(redone)

"Oh Fred! Let me profess my undying love for you!" I cried and snickered when Hails slapped me.
"Shut up, Conner just broke up with me, Fred can wait. I'm mourning the loss, duh." She said and rolled her eyes. I don't think I've ever seen her heart get broken. Marissa on the other hand, oh you should have seen her when Diggory came out as gay, though I'm not sure that was heartbreak either. I laughed at the memory.
"What? Thinking about Conner's face when I ask Fred out two days after our breakup?" She teases.
"Now now, remember, you're grounded for two months I believe," I scolded and she paled.
"I was hoping you'd forgotten," she mumbled and I cackled.
"Forget! How could I forget?! Also I was laughing about when Diggory came out." Hailey laughed and I couldn't help noticing how cute it was. Jeez, I was whipped. I really needed to get over her, but two months without a boyfriend was not going to help me with that. The few days in between guys were always filled with Hailey following me everywhere and constantly chattering. In between days were always my favorite. 
"Oh my gosh! Remember how she was legit planning on asking him to Hogsmeade that day," she had to pause to laugh. We both felt bad for Marissa that day, but honestly, everyone but her seemed to know that Cedric was not, under any circumstances, straight. 
"Then he came in, walked to his table, grabbed some random guy," now I was doubled over, remembering the look on Marissa's face, and especially the look on the faces of every Hufflepuff.
"And kissed him!" She crowed.
"Her......face! Priceless!" I giggled. We leaned against each other while laughing and crying. Honestly that day was one of my favorite memories. Hailey and I had been encouraging her and then her face was just so shocked, she just sort of sat there. She didn't seem upset though and even laughed about it two days later. "So, how do you plan on spending your two months of singleness?" I asked, slinging an arm casually around her shoulders.
"No don't get ahead of yourself. I doubt I'll make it that long. Besides, I could just do homework, date my textbook." She joked and I smiled and shook my head.
"You really would be a completely different person without a boy wouldn't you?"
"Duh! What kind of a question is that? So how soon can I ask Fred out?" She asked and grinned up at me. It was almost as though she knew that that grin would break me. I huffed and shook my head.
"Three weeks, no less, got it?" I asked and she nodded solemnly. While she might be able to agree to three weeks, I wasn't too sure I'd make it. With Hailey constantly following me around and talking and talking and being adorable in everyway, I think I might just give up after day two. 
"So like, seventy two hours?" She asked with a grin.
"So like seven times seventy two hours!" I said and she pouted and stomped her feet down the hallway.
"Now, now, little girl, don't scuff the floor and don't be late to class!" I called and headed to care of magical creatures while she went to herbology. I did manage to catch the middle finger she threw at me on her way down the hall. 
<><><><><>
"Gina! Gina!" Eisabelle called and I smiled, waved and headed over. Eisabelle and I were friends, but not nearly as close as Hailey, Marissa and I. 
"Hey Eisie, how's school going?" I asked and she blushed.
"It's good, how's yours?" She asked, with a smile.
"Duh, she's a Ravenclaw Eisabelle! Obviously it's going great. How's your relationship status?" Kat jumped in, staring me down. Kat had been trying to get me to date since she met me. 
"Still single," I said and smiled at Eisie. I'm not sure why Eisie and Kat were still friends, they were polar opposites, but I didn't mind hanging with them as long as Diana, Kat's sister, didn't come over.
"Awww, well there's a whole world of gay girls out there, why not pick one? I could help" Kat, the matchmaker, cried eagerly. I swear she'll never give up. Not until I'm married to some poor girl Kat tricked into dating me. 
"Find love!" Eisie replied with a faraway look.
"We all know love isn't a thing! It's just chemicals you ding bat!" Kat retorted, playfully hitting Eisie's arm, and Eisie scowled.
"Obviously it is! Otherwise how would you be able to make a love potion?" Eisie replied, raising her eyebrows at Kat. If opposites attract, there's a reason these two are friends. They don't believe in any of the stuff, and often accidentally upset the other, but then hug it out.
"Chemicals. Kem. Ih. Kulls." Kat snapped with each sound to chemicals. I shook my head at them and Eisie whirled.
"Is love real?" She asked and they both looked expectantly at me. I gulped and paused, not sure how to answer. I didn't want one of them to hate me. I don't think they'll forgive me as easily as they forgive each other. 
"Well, yes and no. While love is chemicals," I began, and Kat smirked and looked ready to jump up and down. "It also lasts longer than a chemical mixture, meaning that while a love potion could make you love someone, it's not a choice" now Eisie looked giddy. "So yes it's real, and yes it is chemicals, but it's also a choice. At least that's what I think." I added and they nodded. They both seemed satisfied with my answer. I let out a small breathe of relief as they began talking about classes, dropping the subject entirely. I couldn't keep up with them most of the time, as they resolved one thing and hopped to another in order to argue that, so I slipped away with a small wave in their direction.
<><><><><>
"Oh girl, you in trouble!" Marissa said with a  playful grin and Hailey giggled nervously.
"One day! You had one more day young lady!" I scolded and she looked at me pleadingly.
"But you forgive me, right Mommy?" Hailey looked up at me through eyelashes, her lip pouting. I bit my lip and shook my head, trying to not think about how cute she looked like that. 
"You have to wait a month after you break up with Harry." Yeah you heard me. Hailey had delayed Fred again to date the third year Harry Potter, and Marissa didn't care. She only thought about George now anyway. Okay, not true, she ranted about her mom a lot.
"No! Three weeks!" She cried. I was surprised she'd made it this long this time around. I hadn't expected her to listen to my joking motherly ways.
"One month," I said in that 'conversation over' tone. Her bottom lip stick out again and she faced me with puppy eyes.
"Okay, while I love to watch you two, I have to go study with George and visit mom, see you later!" Marissa said and ran off with George. I shook my head.
"She is whipped," I said in a disappointed tone.
"She? He's more whipped than her by a long shot! I'm surprised he hasn't proposed!" Hailey countered.
"I could say the same about you and Fred." I added and she scowled.
"Harry, I'm dating Harry Potter."
"Yes, Harry freaking Potter, Chosen One, defeats Basilisks and Voldemort! All hail Hailey, slayer of his heart!" I crowed and mock bowed. Honestly, it shouldn't bug me that she was dating someone two years below us. I mean she'd dated someone five years older before. But somehow, the age gap of thirteen to fifteen just felt weird. 
"Stop it! You're going to embarrass me. Actually you already have." She snapped but, I just grinned at her.
"But you love me anyway!" I sang and she sighed but smiled.
"Yeah, I do." She said and I winked at her.
"Go hang with your mans, I'm gonna go study with Eisie and Kat. Have fun, use protection!" I called as she walked away. Her face turned beet red and all eyes turned to her as she crossed the room to Harry. I'll give her points for not looking back at me. On the other hand, I would've loved to have her look back, or at least slightly acknowledge that she knew me. But alas, she was straight, I was just a pining gay child.