Chapter Three: The Letter

Amara looked at the letter once more before opening the envelope. The letter inside sent a paralyzing fear through her veins.
          "Miss Amara Black, Daughter of Rose Black, I write this to you in hopes of capturing your attention. I'm sure that you've already put the pieces together, but just in case, I'd like you to be aware that I am the Joker, and I have two people precious to you, and I have singled you out specifically because I want what you can (hopefully) provide for me. Now if you want your precious little girls back, I need you to go to the sight of my first act of chaos and wait till my arrival at midnight, tonight. Until then Darling.
                                                                   Sincerely, Joker."

            She let out a shaky sigh before folding up the letter and tucking it into her pants. She then walked out of the smoky building and went to the officer that had so kindly allowed her to search the classroom. "Thank you, but I found nothing to satisfy my hunger for wanting to know what happened. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way home." Amara slipped past the befuddled officer and went on her way, silently wondering about the letter and why the man who had caused so much chaos had purposely sought her out.

        Amara took a long way home, all the while searching her past to find a reason for the strange letter, and the peculiar motives behind it. 'A villain, who knows me and my family, is looking for me... and he knew where to find me, but how?' Amara thought. Amara slowly walked in her house, a wary look on her face. "Mom! I'm going to go out tonight!" she shouted out. Her mom called back an okay, and Amara went upstairs. She changes into a black skirt and a dark violet t-shirt, looking into the mirror uncomfortably. 'What happened to me?' she thought sadly. Then she sat down at her computer to do some research for her mission.