Chapter Six: Backseat Surprise

Amara made her way to school the next morning stifling a yawn. Her mind was crammed with thoughts of the Joker and his proposal to her. She giggled slightly, wondering how he was going to pull off a date. It wasn't as if he could go to a local restaurant. She walked into her first period class and settled in, knowing today was going to be a long day.

     Several hours later Amara finished her school day. The two girls were home again and everything was back to normal. She walked into the parking lot and opened the door of the car she had left at the school the day before. She got in and pulled out of the lot, heading towards the shopping center in the town. She turned on the radio and began singing along to it as she slowed to a stop at a red light. As she was finally starting to get into her song, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jumped with a slight yelp and turned as far as her seat would allow. There, in her back seat, was Joker.

    "Hello love. Miss me?" He said with a smirk as the light turned green. "U-um... I suppose?" she said unsure of how to answer. She started driving again and took discreet glances at the Joker who was now buckled up and sitting comfortably in her back seat. He laughed, hearing her answer. "Sing for me. Your voice is angelic and I'd love to hear it again." He commented with a smile. Amara nods and begins to sing shyly along to the radio again. Soon enough they reached the shopping center and Amara parks the car. "Are you... um, coming in or staying here? I may be a bit..." She asks looking at the Joker. He seems to pause a moment before nodding slightly. "I'll come in with you." He replies. She takes a deep breath and nods, getting out. She was going shopping. In a mall. With the Joker. What could possibly go wrong?