Chapter one

At the age of 7 I found how easy it was to blend in to my surroundings. I never bothered with other people or wore anything that could possibly make me stand out in a crowed. I had so many siblings that sometimes my parents didn't even remember me. But this was okay because this was the way I wanted it to be.

There are 8 children all together in the Howe family, my oldest brother Garson 24 , my second brother Raed 22 , My oldest sister Dera 21 , My third brother Tate 20, My second sister Jewel 20, Me Winter 17 (I know dumb name right?), My little brother Omar 16, and then last my little sister Pennie 9. That's a lot of kids right? My mom likes kids, my dad likes my mom that's why there are so many of us.

My father is the CEO of Howe's Hotels. Which means people would call us rich. My siblings love this, they love the parties, they love the gifts, they love the fame. Garson is the one who is most in love with this and he can be because he will be taking over the business.

Garson has been taught how to handle business ever since he was young, along with Raed who would become second in hand with Garson. They always had our father's attention the most, after mom that is. Dera, Jewl, and Pennie had his attention and affection they were the girls of course they did. Then Tate got his respect for joining the military and Omar was a star athlete in our school my dad was proud of him. I however never got noticed by my father I never knew if he even remembered my name, but it was kind of peaceful in a way I didn't have to strive for excellence. I guess I was content.

However when my blending in somehow failed me at one of my father's parties I had found out that my father actually remembered me. But let's not get ahead of ourselves let's start with the day of the party.

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock echoing in my room. My room was small and didn't have much in it just my bed, dresser, and a desk in the corner where my computer sat. The bitter yellow walls had some pictures Pennie had made for me hanging up and a poster Jewl gave me on my birthday of My Chemical Romance.

I sat up rubbing my eyes walking into my bathroom my short brown hair was sticking up everywhere from not drying it before bed and my green eyes where blood shot from reading late last night. I splashed water on my face and picked up my tooth brush squeezing what was left of my tooth paste out of the tube and throwing it in the trash. After brushing my teeth I sprayed my hair with water and combed down the parts that where sticking up.

I left the bathroom and pulled open my dresser drawer, I had tons of clothes but they were mostly bought by Dera or Tate not knowing what else to do for me. I grabbed a pair of light jeans and pulled them on over my boxer briefs then I dug in my dresser and found a long sleeve gray v-neck shirt and pulled it on. I looked at myself in the mirror and it wasn't a bad outfit not to flashy but not ugly either.

There was a small knock at my door before in flew open and Pennie walked in her blond hair had been curled, probably by Jewl, and she was wearing a pink shirt with a white skirt.

"Good you're up!" She smiled up at me with her big brown eyes then sat on my messy bed kicking her feet back and forth. "Can you drop me off at school? Jewl has a early class and can't take me."

"Sure." I smiled sitting down to slip on my navy blue Converse.

"Thank you!" She kissed me on the cheek then ran out of the room.

My siblings where mostly the only people that ever paid any attention to me, well most of my siblings Garson and Raed never talk to me much and Omar was just an ass to everyone, But still road to school with me in my car. Pennie was the one who hung around me most. I had to watch her a lot when she was little so I guess she just started to cling to me. Tate was very fatherly towards me and would praise me when I did something good, I guess it was because I was his first little brother and he knew dad didn't pay much mind to me, And for some reason Dera and Jewl loved to fawn over me.