Ch. 4

I fixed everyone breakfast for when they woke up in the morning, due to their parents already being off to work.

" wow I can't believe you made food" Josie said coming into the kitchen after taking a nap. " yeah I figured it'd be nice" I told her as I flipped a pancake.

" don't lie, it's for jake" she said. I had 100% forgotten that she thinks jake and I are a thing. " you got me" I played along. " how was the date by the way?" She asked me.

" it was really fun actually, he was a gentleman and he's gonna work the kissing booth" I told her truthfully. I really did have a great time with jake, and he really was a gentleman. I just like him as a friend.

Daniel is the guy I want. He's the only one I've ever truly had eyes for. I set it all out on the buffet and Josie got out juice and condiments. " I'll go wake up the boys" I told Josie as I ran off upstairs.

I knocked on Danny's door and didn't get a response. I walked in to see him asleep still. " dan" I whispered as I walked in. " Danny" I said louder walking closer to him.

I sat on the edge of his bed and admired his sleeping features. His long eyelashes pressed against his lower eyelids, his lips slightly parted. His looks are truly immaculate.

I smoothed his hair away from his face and smiled at him as his eyes fluttered open. He stretched and smiled at me, putting his hand on mine.

" I made breakfast" I told him. " you're perfect" he told me. I blushed and got up from his bed. " Josie thinks jake and I are still a thing, personally I think that could be a good thing to distract her from what is going on here" I explained to him as he sat up in bed.

His jaw clenched as he looked away at the door. " ok, whatever it takes to be with you autumn" he said, disdain heavy in his voice.

" I know it's not ideal" I started. " no it's not but like I said whatever it takes for you to be my girlfriend I'll deal with it" he said as he put a shirt on.

" I'm your girlfriend?" I asked him bashfully. " of course" he said sincerely.

He held my chin and kissed me softly on the lips. " ew go brush your teeth" I told him, making him chuckle and breath in my face. " there has to be pda to make it believable" I reminded him about jake.

" I know autumn, I know" he sighed. " I'm all yours Daniel Robert" I told him as I walked out of his room. I quickly ran down stairs and walked up to sleeping josh. " josh wakey wakey" I said shaking his head.

" do that again it feels good" he said groggily, still not opening his eyes. I did it again and he chuckled. " ok I'm awake" he yawned, opening his eyes. " I made breakfast" I told him.

" good luck waking jake" josh told me as he got up from the chair. " he's basically dead once he's asleep" he told me as he walked towards the kitchen, kicking jake in the leg on the way.

Jake didn't budge whatsoever. " Sammy whammy wake up there's food" I said shaking the sleeping boy on the couch, mouth hanging open with his hair in it.

I moved his hair from his mouth and shook him. " what?" He asked, wiping drool from his mouth. " breakfast" I repeated. " oh hell yeah" he said and got up, stepping directly on jakes hand on the floor, he still didn't budge.

I sat on the floor next to him and shook him violently. " jakey wake up are you dead" I yelled. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled once he saw it was me.

" how do you fall asleep like that?" I asked him. " if I close my eyes for more than thirty seconds, I'm basically a dead man" he joked. He sat up, his face getting closer than we expected it to.

He smiled at me and I pushed his shoulder and smiled. " come on I made breakfast and afterwards we have to talk" I told him. " is it serious?" He asked me as he got up.

Danny walked through the living room with a pissed of look on his face and I sighed. " let's talk now but let's go outside and have a cigarette" I said to jake.

He followed me to the front porch sand we sat on the swinging bench. " you can keep secrets can't you?" I asked him. " of course" he said as he lit a cigarette and handed me one.

" Danny and I want to be together" I told him. " he's had a crush on you since you guys were kids I'm surprised you didn't come to this conclusion sooner" he told me as he exhaled smoke.

I took a drag and smiled to myself. " and Josie would freak out if she knew" I told him. " so you want me to be your cover up" he finished.

" you really don't have to but it's help a lot since sh already knows we went on a date" I started but he cut me off.

" gladly" he told me. " really?" I asked. " I get to fake date a hot girl but do real dating stuff with her in front of my best friends who is my fake girlfriends boyfriends sister? Count me in" he said chuckling.

" Jacob you're the best" I said hugging him. We discussed our terms and conditions as we finished our cigarettes.

We went inside and we started to get breakfast. " and where were you too?" Josie asked once we sat down on the couch in the living room with them. " just talking outside, having a cancer stick" jake explained as I took a bite of my pancakes.

" these are phenomenal" josh told me, pointing to his pancakes. They all nodded and agreed.

" thanks guys" I said sincerely. I looked over to Danny to see him smiling at me. Now that I know the feelings have been mutual all these years, I'm also surprised this didn't happen sooner and I'm also surprised it's happening so suddenly but hey, I'm not complaining.