Chapter 7

Anakin opened his door to see his former master standing there rather impatiently. "Oh, what's up Obi-wan?" He asked rather surprised to see his former master at this hour.
"Anakin. Do you have a moment?" Obi-wan asked rather calmly despite his clouded mind. "Yeah, sure... come in," the young Jedi said, slightly confused, his former master seemed off.

Obi-wan was standing in Anakin's living room, stroking his beard, thinking. "Drink?" Anakin asked the distracted Jedi Master. "Oh yes, if you could," Obi-wan replied as if he wasn't listening to him at all.

Anakin came back with 2 cups of tea, he still didn't know what was wrong with his former Master, he hasn't seen him like this ever. Obi-wan sat down next to his former Padawan and drank his tea. "Don't get me wrong Master, love the company, and all, but you seem off," Anakin finally said, not quite being able to stand his sass/savage free master. "I...I have no idea what to think Anakin," he said blankly, hiding his feelings was pointless Anakin knew him too well. "What do you mean 'I have no idea how to think'? You're one of the wisest Jedi, second to Master Yoda!" Anakin asked, not willing to take his nonsense.

There was a silence for a moment, then Obi-wan sighed. "I heard, Bella call Satine 'mother'," he announced. Anakin was visibly shocked, sure he thought about Bella being Satine's daughter, briefly after meeting her, but he never expected it to be true.

Anakin thought about it for a moment, "wow," he muttered. "So who's the father?" He asked, before he thought about it, realising it might make his former Master uncomfortable. "I have no idea, I don't think Bella knows either. Knowing Satine, she kept it to herself, to keep her safe perhaps, but why I do not know" Obi-wan said, again rather blankly. "You're not taking it so well are you?" Anakin asked in a i-already-know-you're-not-ok voice, "You still love Satine. And don't try to deny it because this wouldn't be your reaction if this wasn't true," Anakin said, earning a look from Obi-wan, he never thought he'd get. The you're right Anakin look.

Anakin now had no idea what to do to help his Master, only one idea came to mind though. "Screw the tea, I'm getting us some alcohol," Anakin announced getting up hopelessly. Obi-wan looked at him in disbelief, Anakin was never much of a drinker, neither was he really, but he guessed they both kinda needed it.

Anakin came back with some whisky and 2 glasses, pouring the liquid into the glasses and sitting back next to his former Master. "Probably not a good time, again, but were you and Satine ever... you know...involved?" Anakin asked, again, after a rather long time. Obi-wan gave Anakin the same look he gave when Anakin asked the first time. Then he sighed deeply, downed the remainder of his glass and spoke, "If you must know, then yes. It was during that extended mission when I was a Padawan. It was a long time ago," Obi-wan admitted thinking about the rather happy memories, despite the circumstances they were in all those years ago.

Anakin saw his former Master happy as he relived his memories, it made him think a little of himself and Padmé. Then he noticed something in the Jedi's expression. Elements of regret, sadness and longing; further proving he still loved Satine and couldn't stand the thought that she probably had someone else. To get over Obi-wan for that matter.

Anakin was never good at giving advice, unlike Obi-wan so he elbowed him in a friendly manner. "Listen Obi-wan, I can imagine it's tough, believe me when I say that. But you can always talk to Satine when Bella's training is done. I know it'll take time but I'm sure you'll get answers," Anakin said trying to give his friend (more like brother) a reassuring smile.

Obi-wan chuckled, "For once you're being wise," he said, "but in all honesty, thank you Anakin."
"Glad to see you got your sense of humour back," Anakin joked, with that they both laughed.

Obi-wan stayed with Anakin longer, until he felt ready to go back, knowing what he knows about Satine and her daughter. It was late right now, he had to admit, but he was rather happy. He only had 2 drinks so he wasn't drunk, or even tipsy unlike Anakin.

The thought of him being Bella's father didn't pass his mind. He just assumed he wasn't really.

When he got back, however, Bella was no where to be found. The Jedi immediately froze, she's gone.