Part 1

Words aren't my thing. I've always been bad at it though, so I know how to avoid it. Unless its a paper for my English class, well then i cant avoid it. I have to charge full speed ahead and dive in. But even then i suck, and i mean suck. My parent even knew that, so it never came as a surprise when i would get a sixty on a essay. 

One other thing that i sucked at was, well, love. I was never the one to date a lot..or get asked out a lot. Not because i was some loser in the school or 'no one noticed me'. It was simply because i was your average girl in college who kept to herself and liked it that way. I had my small close knit group of friends and my family, and well that's all i really needed. 

 "Wren...hello" my best friend Xo said for probably the third time. Her brown eyes were filled with annoyance as i was yet again lost in my thoughts. "Sorry i was just thinking about my paper that is due Monday"

"Gonna shoot for a fifty this time?" she said grinning. I rolled my eyes and let out a big huff. She knew my last paper i got a big fat zero on. "pretty sure a fifty is still failing" i said letting my long auburn hair fall flat against my head. 

"Better than a zero though, right?" she said laughing. She had always thought it was funny that i couldn't write to save my life. I had know Xo since we were kids. We grew up four doors down and had been best friends since. pretty sweet right? i didn't even have to go find a best friend, she had come right to me when she moved in. 

"Right right, better than a zero"i agreed. 

"so....i have some news" she said drawing her words out extra long to get my attention. she twisted her index fingers together in twitch. "Ok...?" i said matching her tone. 

"I have a date on Friday!" she squealed with excitement and went to squeeze my waist. 

"A date? like a date a date?" i asked struggling to breath with her tight grip still on me. 

"Like a date a date, aren't you excited?"  her long nails scratched me as she turned my body to angle me more towards her. Xo had a date every Friday night, i would be more surprised if she didn't. Not that it was a bad thing, i just wondered when it would all catch up to her, going one guy to the next. 

"Yes! of course I'm excited for you" i said genuinely, i really hoped she found a guy to could get her to settle down for  little while at least. Maybe this guy would be him...doubt it but who knows.

"He is taking me to Avendia and then he said he has a surprise for me afterwards" she said bobbing her head up and down with enthusiasm. "Ohh thats a nice place Xo...what are you going to wear?" knowing what her next words would be i knew i would also be having a fun friday afternoon. 

Her face paled in an ever so slightly dramatic way "I have nothing to wear, we need to go shopping!"

Even though i knew we definitely did not need to go i was always down to go shopping. 

I would like to say i had a good sense of style, i loved shopping at all the stores that everyone else would, so again id like to say my closet was pretty full of cute clothes. Even if my typical go to outfit was some sweats and a hoodie. But hey i was in college what do  you expect?

"One more thing Wren..." she paused to check if i was listening. "It's a double date with you"