t w o

"I'll give you five seconds to rethink what you just said

"I'll give you five seconds to rethink what you just said."

•••

ONE THING LEANNE had always disapproved of in the Glade was the strict set of rules. She'd always been a rule breaker, so when it came to telling the new Greenie everything they had to know, she was not the first choice. Actually, she wasn't even a choice at all. She had been ruled out completely. Not that she minded, however. She had better things to do then give someone a tour. So when she saw Alby talking to the new Greenie, she was happy to stay as far away as possible.

Staying as far away as possible didn't mean she wasn't watching, however. So not long later, she watches Chuck and the Greenie as they walk up closer to the Maze. Her back stiffens as she hears Chuck protest, and the new boy says something to him. Minho and Ben come out of the Maze. Ben says something to Chuck, and the younger boy answers as the older one keeps running forwards.

Leanne steps over the basket of vegetables and starts walking at a slow pace towards the two boys. "Chuck," She calls out softly in a warning manner.

Chuck glances over at her wide-eyed and shrugs. Sighing, she picks up her pace, not taking her eyes off the Greenie, who'd taken another step towards the Maze. When she hears Chuck protest again and the Greenie brush him off, Leanne's practically jogging towards them. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Gally running toward the newbie, so she slows her pace, not needing to rush. Gally rams right into the new Glader, sending him away from the opening in the Maze wall and tumbling to the ground.

"Hey!"

"We gotta stop meeting like this, Greenie." Gally says to the brown haired boy.

Leanne rolls her eyes. "Get off me!" The Greenie yells.

"All right!" Gally takes a few steps back raising his hands in surrender. "Calm, calm, calm." The noise attracts other boys, who come over to see what's going on.

"Don't touch me!" Leanne looks over at Newt, who raises an eyebrow at her then she just shrugs.

"Take it easy!"

"Just relax."Leanne calls out.

The boy looks around at everyone around him, and Leanne can't tell if the look in his eyes is him scared, or worried. For any other boy around here she'd know because they've all been around here for a while, but this boy was new. This boy was different; he was familiar, but in a foggy way.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" He yells.

"Just calm down, alright?" Newt tries, but the Greenie isn't having it.

"No, okay? Why won't you tell me what's out there?" He looks towards the Maze then back at the Gladers in front of him.

"We're just trying to protect you." Leanne nods reassuringly.