Chapter~6

"A healing prevention spell? H-how do we undo it?"

"We can't, kid." Zayn sadly meets eyes with Aiden, "only the one who casted it can undo the spell... Or someone with greater power, but there's no one out there stronger than Simon-"

"Actually..." Zayla cuts off her uncle, "there is someone out there stronger than Simon."

"Oh? Who?" The wizard asks.

"Our dad." The Tomlinson siblings say in unison, sharing a weak smile at one another.

"Speaking of your dad," Liam suddenly speaks up, "I wonder how your uncle and brother are handling things with him."
______

"Did you open the window?" Xander asks the witch boy as he enters their bedroom.

"Er... Yeah." Harry nods slowly, unsure to why he just lied to his fiancé.

The wizard hums, sitting down next to Harry on the bed, then kissing the lad on his cheek.

A smile creeps upon the witch boy's face, yet there's a nagging voice at the back of his head saying this isn't right.

It should be though, right? He's fricking engaged to him. At least, that's what he remembers, anyway.  He's known Xander for three years and only yesterday did he pop the question. They apparently celebrated and got drunk, which is the reason why he can't quite remember much.

Or anything at all, frankly.

"Xander?"

"Yes?"

"Where are my uh... Parents?"

The question catches the wizard off guard, "your parents?"

Harry nods.

"I-... You don't have parents."

"...wha-?"

"I mean-!" Xander internally face palms at his response, "they're no longer... Here..." He carefully words out, not wanting to upset the poor oblivious witch boy.

It takes a while for Harry to get it, but once he does, his face is instantly plastered with a frown, though his mind keeps replaying what the blonde pixie had told him.

"I saved you! Hell, I raised you!"

"Why do you ask that, hmm?" Xander looks at him suspiciously.

"W-well, I just thought it would have been nice to have them at our wedding." Harry explains, "but that's obviously not gonna happen now..." He sighs sadly.

Wow, that was a pretty good lie. Harry says in his mind, feeling proud of himself for being such a good liar.

"Hey, cheer up! The important thing is that we're happy, yeah?"

Harry had to force himself to nod and smile back at the wizard, "yeah."

He needs to talk to that pixie.
------

When Xander leaves again to "take care of business" (as he so referred to it, not revealing to him what he means but he didn't really care) he exits his cottage and heads to the direction where he saw the pixie (and talking cat) took off.

"Uh... Blonde pixie? Are you here?" He calls out, looking around the forest in hopes to find him and get answers.

To his surprise, the said pixie pops out from behind a tree (though he's not tiny anymore), along with a boy having cat ears atop his head and a tail swaying calmly behind him.

"Harry!" The pixie greets happily with relief evident in his tone, "why did you come here looking for me? do you remember now?"

"N-no... But I'd like to ask you questions..."