Backup

POV: Demi

"Backup is approximately one minute away. I'm detonating the bombs. Cover your ears." Matt warned us and I quickly covered Ash's ears, forgetting about mine. She's my priority.

The whole bunker shook as one after another bomb went off. Ashley was shaking, but she was quiet.

For another ten seconds bombs went off around different parts of the property as Matt set them off wherever he saw Reagan's men.

"Almost done?" I glanced over at Matt as I covered one of my ears against Ashley's neck and another with the side of my arm as the bombs continued to go off.

"Eleven more." Mark was counting them.

"Stay back for ten more seconds guys. Headlights off." Matt spoke into a walkie talkie before hitting more buttons as he watched the security footage closely.

I counted the shakes.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Uhhh, he said eleven right?

I looked up to see Matt holding his finger over one of the buttons before pressing it dramatically. "Hehe, fuck you bitch." Matt chuckled.

"Did you kill Reagan?" I asked as I uncovered Ashley and I's ears.

"No, I killed the guy who spit on me a few months ago." Matt looked over his shoulder. "Reagan stayed back. She waited for her men to test the waters. She's on her way over now. The way I have it set up, backup will come in right behind her."

"How many did the bombs take out?" Mark asked as he kept glancing at the security footage for inside the house.

"Nearly half of them. Most of the half are dead, but some are injured and there is no way they can continue, especially without legs." Matt winced when he scrolled through the footage. We had cameras set up in the trees scattered around the property. Each bomb had its own camera.

"Where is backup? They're entering the house now?" Mark whispered. They can't hear us, but with all of the bombs going off it could've damaged something, so we'd rather be safe than sorry.

"ETA seven seconds to the driveway." Matt answered in a whisper as well. "Here comes Reagan, and damn is she pissed."

I got up and marched over to the footage to see the bitch stepping over her men's dead bodies. She even stepped over the ones that are still alive and begging for help as if they were already dead. Fucking heartless bitch. "I need you to stay quiet for me Ash. Only whispering, okay?" I turned to her and she nodded her head.

"We have an emergency bomb set up inside the house. It's for last resort. We'd be safe in here, but it's possible that we'd get trapped and we can't exactly call for help since this is mafia affairs and cops don't mess with us as long as we don't mess with them." Mark mumbled quietly as he watched Reagan and her men wander the house, looking for whoever set the bombs off. Surprise bitch! We're under your dumbass, but the five guys... not so much.

They're scattered throughout the house. Hell, one is in the fridge. They cleaned it out and put all of the food in a cooler so one could actually hide in it as long as they unplugged it. One is under the couch cushions that we had cut so one could hide under them. The rest are inside the wall since it's a much older house; the walls are about three feet wide with nothing in between them but a few wires here and there, so they're all set with the few hidden doors that are in the walls.

Reagan took her assault rifle and shot all of the kitchen cabinets, and went over the fridge. Luckily it's bullet proof to a certain extent. She didn't speak a word the whole time she basically shot and prayed it would hit someone.