#9 Meadow

"Don't peek!" George said as he leads you through a forest. "Watch your step 'ere." 

It was a sunny summer day. Your boyfriend of three years, George Harrison, had decided to take you on a date. A surprise date. 

You had been blindfolded before you got out of the car so you had no idea where you were going. The only thing you knew was that you were located somewhere in a forest.

 You were very eager and your impatience started to kick in.

"Aren't we there yet?" You asked.

George just chuckled and said:

"Soon, love. You need to have more patience  Y/N!" 

"Sorry, sorry..." You said and continued to follow your boyfriend who held your hand giving you instructions.

After another five minutes, you felt the ground being more flat again and you didn't have to stumble over any dead trees anymore.

"Okay love, ten more steps." George said and you walked a bit further.

"Okay Y/N, sit down for a bit." He helped you to sit down and released your hand. 

You were sitting on some sort of blanket and you could feel the sun warming your skin. You were a bit nervous because you still didn't know what George had planned. 

Suddenly you heard someone strumming on a guitar and that someone, of course, was no other than George.

"Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me
I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how

Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me
I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how

You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around and it may show
I don't know, I don't know

Something in the way she knows
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me
I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how..."

You loved Geroge's singing. He was so damn perfect in every way. You couldn't help but smile and a tear of joy slipped down your cheek.

"You are amazing! I love you, George!" You said still unable to see.

"I love you more, Y/N. And that's why I need you to take off your blindfold."

You did as you were told and removed your blindfold. What you saw next made you drop your jaw and just stop breathing. 

Firstly, you were at sitting on a picnic blanket in a beautiful meadow just beside a big old oak tree. But that was not what made you completely speechless.

What you saw was George kneeling in front of you with a small box in his hand. He looked right into your eyes and you into his as he spoke up.

"I know we haven't really talked about it and so on but...I have never felt so strongly about anyone else in my as I do about you. You have made my life so much more worth living. I don't know what I would do without you. I love you Y/N. I really, really do with all of my heart. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. When I'm without you I just can't stand it." He made a short pause and opened the box.

"Will you, Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

You were now crying tears of happiness and without any second thoughts you answered:

"I will! Yes! Of course I will George! You wrapped your arms around him and passionately kissed him on his lips. 

You released him and he took your hand a put on the ring on your finger. 

The ring was beautiful. It was pretty basic but with several gems on it. It must have cost a fortune.

"It's beautiful George!" you said and took a look at the ring on your finger. "Y/N Harrison. That works right?" You said jokingly. "Otherwise I might have to decline." 

"It's perfect." He said kissing giving you a one kiss after another.  

You were the happiest person on earth right now. You couldn't believe it. 

For the rest of the evening, the two of you just had the most amazing time ever. You ate some picnic-food George had brought and cuddled together. Geroge played some guitar singing softly. When it got dark the two of you just laid down on the blanket, with your head on his stomach, watching the stars. 

"I love you George!"