#10 Driving lesson

You had just turned 17 years old. All of your friends had already taken their drivers license since you were one year younger than everybody else. This was great because you could always get a lift wherever you were headed.

Therefore, you didn't have any plans on getting one yourself, besides it is better for the environment. That was at least what you told yourself. 

Your dad, George Harrison, on the other hand, had other plans. He had been nagging about it since you turned 16 and was allowed to practice driving. He kept saying that it is a part of life to have a drivers license and when you got it, you got it for the rest of your life even if you choose not to actually drive. And as a bribe, he would buy you a car if you took it.

Any other teenager would literally practice every single day before they turned and the first thing they'd do on their 17th birthday was to take their drivers license. Especially if they knew they were getting a car. But not you.

The truth is that you are a coward. Firstly, you had seen all of those accidents on TV of people crashing and driving off the road which scared you to death, secondly, you didn't want to be bad at something. You couldn't stand the embarrassment if you stalled the car in the middle of the road and your friends would see you. They would never shut up about it. (Struggles of being the youngest one.)

Thirdly, you didn't want to disappoint your dad. He is very into cars and seems to have a lot of faith in you. What if you were really bad at driving and it took you like half a year before you could actually drive the car forward? 

As said, you were a chicken but deep down you know your friends and dad will support you if you would actually try to take it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Today was a lovely spring day and you were on spring break, so basically, you had nothing to do. Normally you would have spent the break with your friends, partying all night. This week, however, you had promised your dad that you would spend some time together because you rarely saw each other due to his work as a musician.  You weren't home much either due to school, friends and dancing class. 

All morning you'd helped George with the garden and you were going to eat some lunch together.  After eating in silence for a few minutes your dad brought up the one thing you didn't want to even think about. Driving.

"What do you say Y/N...shouldn't we go for a drive after lunch?" He said as casually as he could.

"What do you mean?" You said and started staring at him with an annoyed look. You knew exactly what he was talking about and you felt yourself tense up at the question.

"You know...sometime you will need to start to practice your driving, so why not now when both of us are free? I mean there is no stress but...you know..." He said very carefully. 

You released the fork in your hand and stood up.

"You know what, I'm not hungry anymore. Thank you for the lunch." You said and walked from the table. 

"Stop it...Y/N...Please..." Your dad said but you were already on your way to the living room. 

You started playing a record by The Doors on the turntable and threw yourself on the couch, anxiety building up. You put your legs up in the air and looked at your feet. 'Now this day is ruined...' you thought to yourself and you went into a dreaming state.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Earth to Y/N, earth to Y/N, is anybody there?"