two

[park soohee]

When Chaeyoung, Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa went back to the nearest hotel here in the beach, I decided to walk over the guy.

He was just sitting on a drink stand and kept on stealing glances at me. Luckily, Chaeyoung agreed for me to stay over.

I sat beside him and he seems to notice it. He became tensed. He looked at me in the corner of his eye and cleared his throat.

"One iced tea please." I said to the bartender. I looked at him and he kept avoiding eye contact. I exhaled and tried to refresh my everything.

"Hello," I spoke. He looked at me, then looked at his back, then back to me. "You're t-talking to me?" He stuttered a bit.

I smiled and nodded. "E-eh? Well hi," he managed to say. I stick out my hand and smiled at him, "My name is Park Soohee. How about you?" I asked.

"Park Jihoon." He replied "Ah, you have a nice name. I like it." I said. He smiled back and scratched the back of his neck.

"Here's your iced tea." I looked at the bartender and thanked him.

"Jihoon," I called. He looked at me, still tensed but he felt a little comfortable with me. "I want to make friends with you, if that's o—"

"Brilliant," he says brightly "It would be a p-pleasure if you'd be my friend, Soohee." He smiled and I chuckled.

—❃—

We spent the whole night, chatting, talking about our favorites, what we do everyday. I wouldn't expect that a guy who was staring at me intensely a while ago would be my friend now.

"Where are you off to?" He asked suddenly "Oh, I'm going back to the hotel. You?" I replied "Same." He smiled as we walked off the shores.

While taking the elevator, a question popped in my head, "Jihoon," I called. He hummed in response.

"Why were you looking at me intensely a while ago?" I asked. The floor 15 chimed as the elevator doors opened.

I stepped out and looked at him. I crossed my arms, waiting for his answer right before the doors will be closed.

"I thought that the girl who's celebrating her birthday today is quite beautiful in my sight." He said and smiled.

I stood stiff, shock by his answer. The elevator doors closed and in the small opening, Jihoon winked at me and the elevator doors were closed and it went up.

I can't stop blushing, he made my heart flutter for a moment.

The wish was indeed true.