Chapter 6: Halloween

Photo taken on another trip to the isle of whight, genuinely one of my favourite places to relax

The next morning Ella made her way down to the great hall watching her feet all the way. After last night's events she felt as though she couldn't look at anyone. She had a secret that on one could know.

"Morning Ella" Tom grinned

"Good morning Thomas" Ella replied sarcasm covering her voice.

"Sleep well?"

"I guess" Ella replied

"Come on what's wrong? You look tired" he asked, which was true Ella was exhausted her dreams still got the best of her, they had never been as bad as this before. Her dreams seemed to taunt her every other night. Sometimes they were her mother torturing her by a lake, sometimes it's was her with a child at platform 9 and 3/4, sometimes she was stood with her hand on the child's shoulder and sometimes she was watching from a far. What any of these dreams meant she did not know but the always awoke after feeling odd.

"Come on Ella, what is it?" Tom repeated, basically cornering her in the corridor. She wasn't sure what exactly to say. Sure, Tom knew about her past and that was real and very acceptable to be upset about but these dreams were in her head so why should they upset her so? Ella gulped.

"I keep having these dreams" she said looking down.

"What type of dreams Ella?" Tom said genuinely sympathetic. He saw how upset these dreams are making her.

"Mr Costello, Miss Lestrange, shouldn't you be going for breakfast?" The familiar voice or Remus lupin rang making Ella cringe.

"We were just going" Tom replied rather annoyed that they'd just been interrupted. Remus nodded and walked towards the great hall, Tom and Ella following behind sitting down with Fred and George.

Ella started eating her breakfast all the time not even daring to look up at the professors table. Everyone seemed to be joking around, throwing food at each other even making Ella crack a smile. It immediately fell when Tom whispered to her "I haven't forgotten you know; I want to know later. Meet me at the black lake at 9 tonight" Ella nodded back, not sure if she was going to be honest tonight.

The day went along normal until Remus' lesson last. Neither him nor Ella looked at each other the whole lesson not even saying a word to each other. His warm smile didn't appear that lesson and Ella felt lost without it. He was being cold towards her like she'd done something wrong, it added to Ella's exhaustion making her miserable. Yes, she may have over stepped the line but this attitude towards her broke her heart.

~time skip~

Ella and Tom walked towards the black lake the cold October air whipped Ella's hair around and blew her skirt up.

"Nice pants" Tom laughed

"Oh, shut up!" Ella snapped back giggling the cold wind making her shiver.

"Here" Tom said placing his cloak over her small figure.

"Thanks" Ella said smiling at him pushing his hair back, the wind blowing it in his eyes.

"Now tell me what's been happening love?" Ella took her time explaining her dreams little did they know filch patrolling the grounds looking for students out of their beds.

Remus sighed heavily marking a large pile of papers that Severus had set the week before on the topic of werewolves, he had purposely left them until the last possible night to mark them. He was about 20 rather boring papers in until he came across Ella's, rubbing his forehead he started to read. He marvelled at the beautiful handwriting and the equally beautiful words that she'd written. She made the topic seem less bleak. She'd even taken the time to write her personal opinion on the matter. He couldn't stop smiling she seemed so interested in it and so supportive to his kind. His heart fluttered. Maybe he could tell her, she didn't seem judgemental in her paper.