chapter 24

Max

***DREAM***

I watched the sky turn purple, the birds flying across the sky made me smile.

I looked around, looking for Demi.

She wasn't around.

My heart began to beat a little faster but I knew that she was probably just somewhere else.

I stood up and then looked at my feet. I was on a beach.

I looked down and didn't see anything that was mine or Demi's.

I shrugged and started to walk down the beach, I walked by the edge of the water, the cold ocean water hitting my feet.

As I was walking I saw some girl run out of the woods and collapse. She had on a backpack.

She went to take it off but stopped when the sound of a helicopter started.

She ran back into the woods and hid.

I shrugged to myself and turned back around. Wasn't really my problem.

I walked all the way back to where I first started.

I still didn't see Demi which made me panic even more.

I started to go towards the board walk, as I walked my body felt heavier.

My eyes started to droop and I wasn't able to walk with out wobbling.

Suddenly I felt someone touch my arm.

"you ok?" It didn't sound female at all. It sounded male.

"Y-yeah, I'm alright" I knew I didn't sound convincing but it didn't matter.

I opened my eyes as wide as they went.

My whole entire body froze.

It was the kid that only months ago raped me and made the school shut down.

My eyes began to shut again and I painfully kept them open.

I tried to pull my arm away but he wouldn't let go.

I tried again and this time looked at him.

His eyes turned black and he gave an evil smirk.

"let go" I said through gritted teeth.

He started to laugh.

At first it was a quiet chuckle.

That chuckle then developed into a laugh. That laugh sent a chill down my spine.

It wasn't a normal laugh, it was a wheezing laugh.

A way too familiar laugh.

I forced myself to keep my eyes open, I was still struggling to get out of his grip.

When I looked up I started to panic. His eyes were black but he started to essentially shape shift.

Slowly he went from being one person into two.

My heart thudded and I felt dizzy.

My eyes closed again and I tried to force them open.

I could hear laughing again and it was now both female and male.

I let out a breath, gasping for air. It felt like I was being strangled or like the air was being sucked outta me.

I looked at the forces holding me and I wanted to cry.

It was my mom and dad.

Wait, let me correct myself, my DEAD mom and dad.

Ya know, the abusive ones.

I tried and tried to get out of their grip but couldn't.

My dads every were red and he was angry. My mom smelled of booze.

"LET ME GO!!" they both let out horrible laughs, coughing at the end.

They kept laugh. Every time they laughed I cried harder and couldn't catch my breath.

All of a sudden I felt like I was falling.

I couldn't see and I couldn't feel anything.

I just felt like I was falling.

***END OF DREAM***

I jolted awake.

I sat up and looked around.

Bed, blanket, dark room.

Demi.

I looked down and saw her fast asleep. She was curled around the pillow and looked so peaceful.

I sighed and laid back down.

My heart still thudding.

My body aching.

I shivered.

Their touch.

Their smell.

Their laugh.

It all lingered.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

I turned onto my side and watched Demi for a minute.

She just looked so peaceful, adorable in the way she snuggled into the bed when a slight chill hit her.

Just adorable being her.

I turned onto my other side and pulled the covers around myself. The clock read twelve but I didn't care.

I snuggled in to the blankets, pulling the pillow around so that I could snuggle it.

I didn't want to go back asleep.

I was scared, no, petrified that if I went back to sleep I'd either go back to the dream or have a new, fresh horrid one.

I felt myself slowly breaking down.

First it was my thoughts, they flew around in my head. Not making any sense even if I tried to put info together.

Then it was my tears, I started crying slowly. I wiped away the tears and tried to fight my urge to just cry out for Demi to make it stop.

Then came my breathing. I couldn't catch my breath and my nose was getting clogged with snot. I wiped at my face and tried to blow my nose as gentle and quiet as I could.

Lastly came my movements. Demi had never seen me have a horrible case of a break down. Shes seen bad but not the worse. The worst is when I start to hit my head.

I sat up and walked down into the living room.

I laid on the couch and pulled the blankets that were on the back around me.

I didn't want to wake Demi up, she needed sleep.

I closed my eyes and waited for a bit.

Eventually I started to get sleepy again and my eyes began to fall.

I let my body just crash and sleep took over me.