Good Luck

[ R E C O R D I N G . . . ]

The screen turns on with the corner of Pidge and Hunk's apartment snapping into view. It starts out fuzzy before the lens adjusts, putting everything into focus. The TV is off, coffee table littered with papers and books and used cups.

"It lives!" Lance announces, voice off screen. The camera moves, up and down the walls, shifting around the living room as he makes cooing sounds. "It looks so good, holy crow." He mumbles, more to himself than anything else.

"Lance, what're you doing?" Comes Pidge's voice, and the camera moves quickly, snapping across the living room to the hallway across the way. The one that leads back to their bedrooms and the bathroom. Pidge stands there, pajama pants pooling around their feet and baggy shirt hanging on their small frame. They stare at the camera, one eyebrow raised, expression flat, arms crossed over their chest. "Are you recording me?"

"Yup," Lance says cheerfully. "This is the maiden voyage of this bad boy. Say cheese, Pidge!"

Instead of saying anything, Pidge lifts a hand, promptly flipping both him and the camera off.

Lance laughs, camera shaking slightly. "Now that's the Pidgeon I know and love."

There's a visible fight to it, but in the end, Pidge can't help the small, lopsided smile that crooks their lips. "Just keep that camera out of my face, Lance." They say flatly, but there's a lilt of amusement there.

"And rob the viewers of your beauty? Never."

Pidge rolls their eyes and strides across the room, throwing themselves down on the other end of the L-shaped couch and nestling into the pile of spare blankets and pillows that had been sitting there.

The camera follows their progress before moving upward, pointing across the small kitchen table to the bar window that looks into the kitchen. Hunk and Keith are there, talking about something that the camera can't quite pick up. Hunk says something as Keith is drinking from a glass, and all at once his eyes go wide. He chokes back a laugh, bending forward, hand going to his mouth, but he can't quite stop the spray of liquid from his mouth.

Hunk turns around to shield himself from it, and Keith stares at him in horror, already going to apologize. Then Hunk spins around, holding two cake pops to his eyes, and Keith throws his head back and laughs. The camera zooms in on him, focus fuzzing out for a second before snapping back to clarity.

"Hey, how about you two share the goods instead of goofing off!" Lance calls, voice playful and light.

Off screen, there's a soft snort of amusement, followed by Pidge's voice, "Like you have any room to tell people not to goof off."

The camera stays trained on Keith as he turns, blinking his surprise as he stares at the camera. His brows furrow, lips pursing into a little frown. "Lance, are you recording?"

"Yup!"

His frown deepens. "Why?"

"Why not?" Lance fires back.

"Because we're not... doing anything."

"We're hanging out, and you're pretty. I don't need any other reasons to want to capture this moment." The words are light and flippant, playful and teasing. Keith stiffens, lips pursing as his cheeks darken. He huffs and looks away, crossing his arms over his chest.

Lance's chuckle shakes the camera at the edges.

Hunk's chuckle echoes Lance's, and he moves past Keith in the kitchen. The camera zooms back out, moving to capture Hunk as he steps around the corner of the kitchen and into the living room. He carries a plate stacked with cake pops in one hand and a glass of milk in the other.