Chapter 5

##### Holiday Memory #####

The memories weren't nice and they got worse as they went by, Potter's magic was unconsciously casting a glamour on him. The boy could never understood why nobody knew about his uncle and his beatings, but when he began to understand what his magic was doing he still kept the glamour on, the only thing he didn't put a glamour on was his malnourished body and his small size.

The train ride home was long and boring, he sat with Granger and Weasley, the boy was quiet while Granger and Weasley talked. They didn't even notice how withdrawn and quiet the boy was, after all both of them was supposed to be his friends, but why couldn't they notice that something was wrong with Harry. He could act well, he could act if nothing was wrong because he didn't want anyone to see or notice his  home life, they didn't even see when he flinched away if they were too loud or when they touched him.

Severus Snape for once was horrified when the Scarlet train landed at the station, the boy didn't even look for the Dursleys, he walked home. And when he got home he was met with a fist to his face, the boy's round glasses cracked but he didn't take it off or he wouldn't be able to see a thing. The boy even took off all of his Glamours off for his Uncle liked to see the damage he did to the freak.

After watching the boy's uncle throwing all his school things into a cupboard and then locked it all up. The boy began cleaning the house on his knees, right after his uncle locked up his school things. He didn't utter one word or even breathed hard not one sound was heared from the boy. He worked for hours before his aunt called him to make dinner.

He made their favorite meal and watched as they devoured the food they made him make and he only got the scraps, his fat cousin didn't want and the burned food they didn't want to eat because it was ruined. He then cleaned the kitchen and the rest of the house, late into the night before he could go to bed. And to Severus's great surprise the boy didn't follow his relatives up the stairs he went to the cupboard under the stairs and the boy laid down on a mattress that looked like it belonged to a crib or a baby and not for a eleven year old boy.

The boy couldn't sleep in and was woken up quite early, he could not spend his summers in peace or do his homework. The boy was woken up quite rudely by his aunt to make breakfast and then he had to do all his chores. 

But after breakfast his uncle and cousin gave him his daily beating and he still got up and did all his chores. He weaded the garden, cleaned the house twice and took out the trash. Just in time for dinner. He finished the dinner and set the table for dinner. The Dursleys ate their dinner and even then they were not happy with the boy's delicious looking dinner, they  spat out harsh words to the boy and a few more beatings.

Day after day went past, Snape saw how the boy did the same routine. The boy was woken up rudely, then the boy made breakfast and lunch, got a beating from his uncle and cousin. Then the boy would clean the house and weed the garden, then he would would take out the trash. The boy made dinner and then he would set the table,  cleaned the kitchen when his relatives finished up their dinner and then he would get beaten up by his uncle and cousin, then he would clean the house again.

Snape saw how the boy was treated badly and knew Albus Dumbledore had lied to him about how the boy was treated with his relatives. The boy was getting worse and worse as time passed, the boy lost the weight he had gotten while he was at Hogwarts. He got thinner and Severus was sure the boy had gotten a few broken bones as well as all the blue and black bruises. 

Severus now knew why the boy didn't know the answers he asked him, he knew why the boy kept his head down and tried to avoid his Godson and their confrontations.

 Potter's friends didn't even owl him once, Severus knew the boy was clever but he kept it to himself because then Granger would feel inferior and she would do anything to stay on top of the Academic list, she even was rude and sneered at Harry when he got better grades then her in DADA. And he knew now the boy hated his fame but that was because the Weasley boy was only his friend for his fame and money. 

Yet he kept quiet, his head down trying and failing to keep the hurtful and hateful words to make him feel inferior and unwanted. Every painful word or feelings was etched into his mind, he did the work right first but Granger got the points. He, Severus would unknowingly let the boy got more hated because he would take away points for no reason.

Severus felt bad, he had bullied the boy like James had done to him, but he himself had no other choice if he was friendly to the boy, people would notice and report it to Dumbledore and The Dark Lord. He had made the Gryffindors angry at Potter, they blamed him for everything and no wonder the boy hadn't complained about his detentions because he was used to work hard and scrubbing things clean and it would get him away from the Weasley boy and Granger girl.

Severus had made a vow to protect the boy for Lily and he had bullied him and failed to protect him because he had trusted Dumbledore, he had trusted the wrong person and had he made a vow on his magic he would have became a Squib, because he had failed and he felt horrified that he had bullied someone like him, a boy no older than eleven just because the boy had looked like a carbon copy of his worst enemy, his bully, James Potter.

Severus wondered why Albus Dumbledore had never gotten Black a trial he had known that Black was innocent and that he wasn't the keeper for the Potter's. The keeper was the traitor Peter, the rat animugus. Peter also killed all of those muggles and framed Black, so why had Black never had a trial?

Things began to look different for Severus, he was curious in his own ways, why had he never thought of this before?

Severus also wondered if he had put his trust into the wrong person?

*****
Words : 1157