vi. bust a move

ELIZABETH ROLLED HER EYES as she impatiently waited for the boys to finish playing their dumb game so she could jump in the water. The scorching sun that beat down on the losers made liz want to do nothing more than to cool off in the glistening water below them.

One by one she watched as the boys spit into the very water they were about to be swimming in. "This is so easy,"Richie laughed at the other Losers' attempts.

"Liz, your turn,"Eddie said nudging her slightly. Liz shook her head.

"Come on, Liz. Don't be such a buzzkill,"Richie groaned.

"This is so childish,"she rolled her eyes before spitting into the water. The Losers watched it fall as a smile broke out onto Elizabeth's face.

"Ha! I won,"she cheered. Richie and Eddie both yelled in protest.

"No way! You see my loogie, it went the furthest!"Richie argued. Liz scoffed and rolled her eyes loudly.

"Bullshit!"she yelled. Stan began quietly laughing at her because no matter how badly she didn't want to play she still got extremely competitive over it. He thought she was the funniest person in the world.

"Actually you both lost because it's not about distance. It's mass. It's always been mass ,"Eddie said matter of factly. Ben sat there quietly with a small smile, not used to seeing Elizabeth so argumentative. He definitely didn't know that 1) she was so competitive 2) that her, Richie, and Eddie fought so badly. Bill and Stan were used to it though, and quite frankly, wished they would shut the fuck up.

" What the- what is mass?"Richie asked. Elizabeth furrowed her eyebrows not knowing herself what mass was.

"Who cares how far it goes. It matters how cool it looks, and if it's green or white-"Eds began, but Liz tuned him out because it was getting too gross for her liking. Instead, she turned her head and looked around for Patty, who had failed to show up.

Patty never even called back like she promised she'd do. Elizabeth was scared. She just had this gut feeling that something was wrong, and she wanted it to go away. She needed it to go away. The feeling in her gut made her heart beat so fast that it ached, and she thought so much that she had a terrible headache. Elizabeth wanted to cry. Elizabeth always wanted to cry, but she tried not to. Elizabeth thought that she was a baby and too overdramatic, and if she cried everyone would think the same. That's the last thing she wanted.

She was torn out of her thoughts when she noticed that the boys were looking at something behind them. Her heart leaped for a moment thinking it was her best friend, but her heart was wrong.

There stood Beverly Marsh. With a smile that made all of those boys' hearts melt, and a dazzle in her eyes that matched perfectly with the glittering water below them.

She ran past them and jumped of the edge without hesitation. The Losers watched her in awe as they watched her fall. Beverly Marsh was most definitely brave, and that was the thing that Elizabeth envied most about her.

"Holy shit! We just got shown up by a girl,"Richie complained. Elizabeth laughed.

"We have to do that now?"Stan asked, his voice shaking with nerves. And Lizzy smiled up at him widely at how precious Stanley Uris could be.

"Even though you are the Stanley the Manley, I suppose I'd go with you if it'd make you feel better, lovie,"she offered, nudging him with her shoulder. Lizzy had already taken the fall of her life for Stanley, so falling with him would be a piece of cake.