xi. surprise

"NO, I LOVE BEING YOU GUYS PERSONAL DOORMAN, REALLY! Could you losers have taken any longer?"Richie complained. All the other Losers were walking their bikes down the road, while he rode his around them, talking their ears off, as usual.

"All right, shut up, Richie."

"Yeah, shut up, Richie."

"Oh, okay, trash the trashmouth. I get it. Liz, just fucking threw up on me for fuck sakes. And hey, I wasn't the scrubbing the bathroom floor and imagining that the sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween,"Richie continued.

"I didn't throw up on you, Richie,"Liz huffed, her voice scratchy. She was highly dehydrated (she didn't drink anything after getting sick) and had an almost intolerable headache.

"Close enough."

"She didn't imagine it,"Bill spoke, causing the twins to stop fighting. He stopped walking. The group all looked at him.

"I-I saw something too."

Elizabeth's heart picked up its pace.

"You saw blood too?"Stanley asked. Elizabeth looked to Stan briefly before looking back at Bill, waiting for his answer.

"I saw G-G-G-Georgie."

Holy shit.

The newly cold air (weird right, it was summer) sent shivers down Elizabeth's spine. She could feel chill bumps popping up all over her skin as her hands began to shake. Something just didn't fucking feel right, and she knew everyone felt it too.

"It seemed so real. I mean it seemed like him, but there was this-"

"-the clown,"Eddie finished for Bill. Everyone turned to Eddie, but his eyes stayed on the ground. "Yeah, I saw him too."

Ben nodded in agreement. Stanley didn't say anything, but his eyes gave away what he was feeling. He knew what they were talking about, and he was fucking scared.

Eyes fell on Elizabeth. Her eyes bore into Bills. Somehow, he knew what happened to her. He knew what day it happened (he remembered her seeming off) and he knew how she felt and what he saw.

What the fuck is going on! The words replayed in Liz's mind over and over. First kids disappear into thin air, and now people are seeing clowns and spiders and blood and their missing little brothers. It just isn't right. It's not fucking normal. Towns like Derry don's deal with stuff like this. They deal with cats stuck in trees and old lady's falling and breaking hips, not kid stealing, psychotic clowns.

"Wait, can only virgins see this stuff? Is that why I'm not seeing this shit?"

Elizabeth rolled his eyes. Richie was the definition of virgin, but she really didn't feel like arguing with him right now.

"Oh, shit, that's Belch Huggins car. We should probably get out of here,"Eddie said, growing nervous.

"Yeah."

Great, just fucking perfect. Liz never got into it with Henry or his goons, but her brother did, so she hated his guts. (And she was terrified of him, but that's beside the point.)

Elizabeth didn't know why the world had it out for The Losers, but it did. I mean, what the fuck? They have to deal with killer clowns and their loved ones going missing and fucking bullies. Elizabeth was growing really tired of everything going wrong. It's bullshit !

"Wait, isn't that the homeschool kids bike?"Beverly asked. Elizabeth was getting on her own bike, but stopped when Beverly spoke.

"Yeah, that's Mike's,"Eddie confirmed.