x. blood

The bird's early morning songs made Elizabeth's natural alarm clock go off; If she went to sleep with a set time she wanted to wake up, it would happen naturally come morning time.

Her honey brown eyes opened slowly, the morning light almost blinding her for a split second. She rubbed her hand over her face then ran it through her hair as she sat up.

It took her a second to realize that the objects surrounding her weren't her own. She was a little frightened not knowing where she was or how she got there. Elizabeth frantically looked around the room. Once her gaze fell upon the mop of curly hair resting on a pillow on the opposite (the foot) end of the bed, she remembered last night's events. 

She didn't remember falling asleep. The last thing Elizabeth remembered was talking to Stanley about how important it was to 'always know that Elizabeth is right'. She had no intention of falling asleep at Stanley's house or at all even. However, Elizabeth was more at ease there than in her own home that night, so it was awfully difficult to stay awake (even if Stanley's bed felt like a brick) considering how tired Elizabeth was.

Elizabeth noticed that she had a mountain of blankets covering her body, while Stanley barely even had a sheet on top of him. She didn't know if she had stole the blankets from him whilst asleep or if Stan just gave them to her, knowing how cold she was. Either way, she smiled imagining that the latter.

It wasn't.

Honestly, it was a mixture of Elizabeth's guesses. Elizabeth really had unknowingly tugged the blankets away from Stanley. When Stanley woke up from his lack of warmth and saw what she had done, he just sighed and went back to bed, too tired to wrestle over blankets with an opponent who wasn't even awake.

Her second of happiness was washed away by the impending feeling of guilt that came along with realizing that she left Richie alone.

Richie hated being alone.

You're a terrible sister, something screamed at her. Usually she would have just assumed that it was her own self-loathing conscious saying that, but this time she wasn't so sure. The voice sounded farther away— almost like an echo.

She just shrugged it off, too tired to worry about that shit (she'd being worrying about that shit for too long, Elizabeth needed a break. However, it wasn't going to be a very long one.)

She clambered out of the bed, accidentally kicking Stanley in the nose. You're legs are too fucking long, she scowled, knowing it was her own thoughts this time. Stanley didn't wake up from the accidental assault, bless his heart, but he did wake up at how loud Elizabeth gasped in horror after she realized what she did.

Stanley jumped up from his sleep. He looked around his room worriedly.  His eyebrows came together when he saw the worried look painted upon Elizabeth's face. "What happened? What's wrong?"he questioned.

Elizabeth slapped her hand over her mouth and let out a loud snort.  She figured that was all she had in her, but the second she removed her hand, it went right back when she started laughing again.

"Nothing,"she assured him, shaking her head slowly.

Stanley's eyes squinted at her and he pursed his lips in confusion. He tried to wrinkle his nose, but... well, it hurt.

"You are so fucking weird,"he said after a long pause, running a hand through his curls. Elizabeth only laughed again.

"I told you this bed makes you cranky,"she teased, picking up her jacket that was placed on a coat rack, courtesy of Stanley. Elizabeth would have just left it on a chair or something, but Stanley had a specific place for everything.