Chapter 5: Earth-chan at the Emo Gathering

The next day, Milky Way's class had a history test. The Solar Group wrote it zealously. Only Mars was slacking off a little, as he didn't really enjoy studies. Neither Venus did much – she was too keen on fashion and clothes to pay attention to her grades. Jupiter and Saturn, on the other hand, studied hard, as they wanted to show off their skills to Sun. Mercury was a top grader, while others went on with average grades.

After the classes were over, Earth wanted to have fun with Mars and Venus, but they politely apologized:

"Sorry, Earth-chan, but we cannot come today... Mars and I have a date. It was settled a week ago, because of our busy schedule."

"Yeah, we are truly sorry."

"Ah, fine..." Earth smiled at them, but once they left, she heaved a sigh. "Now what should I do?"

She looked around as if searching for answers. Sun went out with Mercury, while Jupiter and Saturn were chased by their fans again. Neptune and Uranus too had a date.

"Everyone has a partner..."

Her heart sank.

Only I do not.

She took a mirror out of her schoolbag and touched her blue-to-green bob-hair.

Is it because of the parasites in my hair?

Tears appeared in her eyes – everyone considered her weird and nasty.

But these humans... they aren't bad at all. If only they could understand!

"Hey, Earth Senpai!"

She started – she was one of the youngest in her group and even the whole class. How come she was called a 'senpai'? When she turned around, she spotted Pluto-chan – that pale young girl with dark hair and purple eyes, who always listened to hard rock and came late on lessons, yet still kept her grades high.

 How come she was called a 'senpai'? When she turned around, she spotted Pluto-chan – that pale young girl with dark hair and purple eyes, who always listened to hard rock and came late on lessons, yet still kept her grades high

She is the one who got transferred to Milky Way's class from the junior class...

"H... Hello, Pluto-chan."

They were never close. How come she was calling her?

"Mind going out with us?"

Pluto gave her a welcoming smile. Earth grew stupefied – she was offering to have fun together?

So weird! We have hardly spoken to each other before. Is it because of that... basketball match?

Yes, that was it! After the fact that she, such a young and short planet, had successfully scored a shot in the Basketball Event, where usually only tall and older planets took part, she would surely become popular among these younglings!

"I... Is it okay?"

"Sure!" Pluto smiled, "My boyfriend and my squad asked me to introduce you to them. You see, Charon-kun adores basketball and he's the best in the junior class, but he hasn't got to try his luck in the Basketball Event of the upper classes. He admires you as our young senpai who has been able to achieve such a success in your very first match."