Chapter 12: Principal Cosmos-sama

When Earth arrived at the door of the principal's office, Moon and Black Hole were already in. She entered the administrators' office and asked one of the kindest Nebulae, Lady Orion:

"Orion-sama, may I see my father?"

"Oh, but he's talking with Black Hole-sama and Moon-san now."

"Please... I am on that behalf."

Earth folded her arms together and gave her a pleading gaze. At such puppy eyes of hers, Orion only chuckled and walked into the principal's office to report Earth's arrival. Then she returned and nodded at the impatient Earth-chan:

"You may go in!"

"Ah, thank you!" Earth-chan rushed through the door and closed it behind.

The principal's office was a small light chamber, full of bookshelves in every corner. The room was utterly clean and all items were put in their places in meticulous order. On the front, near a wall, there was the principal's writing-table, and Principal Cosmos-sama was sitting there now. Before this table, stood a chair, where now Moon-kun had taken a seat, while Black Hole-sama stood beside him.

Once Earth walked in, all the eyes set on her. Moon-kun had a sad gaze full of guilt and slight anger, while Black Hole-sama retained her strict composure, and Cosmos-sama had a cold countenance, as usual.

"Earth, sit down." Cosmos pointed her on a chair near the writing-table. Earth nodded and took a seat. Cosmos-sama looked up at Black Hole again: "So, you say that a fight broke out between Moon-san and Sun-san, and Mercury-san called you for help, while Earth was the only witness?"

"Precisely, sir. That is how Mercury-san told us, and that is what we saw when we arrived on the scene."

Cosmos turned to Moon-kun, who sat with his head down. His colourful eyes sparkled with the inner rage he tried hard to subdue.

"Do you attest to this, Moon-san? Were you the one to start the fight?"

"Yes, I was. But I had good reasons for it."

Earth started once heard such an angry tone of the boy.

He did it all for me...

Because of her, someone was going to be punished. Ugh, she wouldn't let it happen, there was no way!

A knock sounded on the door. Theia Sensei rushed in:

"Sorry for being late, Cosmos-sama, but I had to take care of the injured patient. I am so sorry about my son's behaviour!"

"Take a seat, Theia-san." Cosmos pointed him on a chair. The doctor nodded and sat. Cosmos folded his hands and placed his chin on them: "This is not the first time your son commits such troublesome deeds."

"I am so sorry, Cosmos-sama! It is all because of his Phase Illness – he is unique at that. At his different phases, he has different moods and often causes trouble. In his general phase, he is quite a kind and innocent child, I can assure you!"

"Please, calm yourself, Theia-san. I do feel for your difficulties, but I cannot leave such a case unanswered. This is not a mere prank anymore, this is far more serious – he has injured an elderly student, and a star, at that. Both Sun's father and Milky Way-san will be dissatisfied with such news."

"But, but..."

Theia wiped the sweat off his forehead with a handkerchief – his son was surely going to get it this time. And why was Black Hole-sama even here? That meant... Oh, no, not only the Disciplinary Department of hers! It was even worse than suspension from classes or even detention!

"I guess I should hand your son over to Black Hole-sama. If he continues to behave badly, he'll be expelled."

"Oh, no!"

Theia covered his face with his hands, so desperate he had become. After Moon's mother had passed away, he tried so hard to raise this child and deal with his work all at the same time!

Selene-chan... He sighed with sorrow as he remembered his dearest wife. What am I to do?

Seeing his father's troubles, Moon furrowed his brow. He wanted to speak about Sun's behaviour, but hesitated – he didn't want to be gossiping about others' actions just to justify his own crimes.

"Moon-kun beat Sun up because that latter insulted me."

Cosmos-sama widened his eyes at such a bold statement of Earth-chan.

"Oh? What exactly did he say?"

Moon grew red – she was defending him?! He whispered to her:

"Earth Senpai, please, don't..."

"No!" Earth sprang up, so flared-up with anger that even volcanoes erupted in her hair, "I'm not going to suck it up! Sun Senpai said I had bacteria in my hair and he'd never want to be friends with a girl like me. Moon came out and beat him up for that, and I think he did well. No one goes around speaking to ladies like that!"

She turned up her nose and crossed her arms. All of the adults stared at her in a stupor, and then let out a laugh.

"So, bacteria in your hair, you say?" Cosmos smiled. He turned to Black Hole: "Lady Layla, please tell Sun-san's father that I need to talk with him and his precious son. Oh, and what concerns Moon-san – he shall get a three-week suspension from classes, instead of being sent to the Disciplinary Department. That's my final decision."

Theia and Earth brightened, while Moon grew astonished. Black Hole only nodded:

"Yes, Cosmos-sama."

Thus, it was decided. When Theia, Moon, and Black Hole walked out and closed the door, Earth sprang up with joy, dashed at her stupefied father, and hugged him tightly:

"Thank you so much, dad!"

Cosmos chuckled:

"Well, what Moon did was certainly not entirely right, but since he was in his new moon phase, and since he had such a decent reason, I shall let it pass."

Earth laughed:

"You're the best, dad!"

"Haha..." Cosmos caressed her, and then furrowed his brow: "There's no way I'd forgive anyone insulting my little daughter."

Earth cuddled with him. Her father was strict and cold, true, and he did cherish justice and was always impartial, but when it came to her feelings, he could surely turn into a fierce and strong guardian, frightful and dangerous to those who mistreated her.